Monday, May 5, 2014

2014 Goal: Learn to Crochet


I completed one of my goals for 2014! I know it's May and only completing one sounds lame and like I've been sitting around on my butt all year, but 3 of my 5 goals are on-going and my the other goal is 75% done. So! I'm actually pretty proud of my progress so far. But, back to my goal that I completed: I learned to crochet! The above picture is the little baby blanket that I made. I actually enjoyed crocheting much more than I thought I would. I crocheted the majority of the blanket in February and March, when it was cold and wet out and staying inside bundled up on the couch crocheting was heavenly. I taught myself through Youtube videos and online tutorials, which I found to be pretty helpful. My only trouble was that my yarn kept getting in knots that I would spend hours (really) trying to get out. Finally I was so frustrated I reached out to Eliza (she does beautiful crochet work and shares them on instagram!), and she gave me some good tips that solved all my knotting problems. My blanket is really simple but I'm pleased with it and proud of myself for learning something new :)

4 comments:

  1. Well look at this girl!!!! Absolutely gorgeous! I'd say that you are in the process of mastering one of your 2014 goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Way to keep at it! I might have you teach me how to do this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this and congrats on completing this goal! blue + white, my favorite combo. lucky friend who received this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! My grandmother used to crochet all the time, and I wish I had learned!

    ReplyDelete