Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Weekend + 2 Years



This past weekend we were able to host my oldest sister and her family. They had not been to visit us since we moved into our new house, so it was fun to give them a tour of our home and a glimpse into our life here. The kids are 3 and almost 1 1/2, so it was a weekend filled with toys and laughter and fun! One of my favorite parts of the weekend was when my niece was swinging on the swing in the backyard. She is quite a talker, and once she was on the swing she just went full speed telling us about everything--singing her ABCs, how much she likes falling asleep to the sound of the rain, etc. It's so fun to be able to see these kids' personalities coming out!

Also, I realized that last week marked two years of writing on this little blog.  This space has changed a little from year to year, and it finally feels like I'm in a good rhythm.  Posting three times a week seems to work the best for me with my schedule right now, so that's what it will be.  I've learned a lot about myself through blogging and connecting with other bloggers, and it's been so fun!  Thanks for reading along and for the comments and the friendships! xx

6 comments:

  1. your niece sounds precious - i particularly like her telling you guys she likes to fall asleep to the sound of rain. and i am SO glad i have followed your blog these years - love it and glad we've struck up a friendship, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for 2 years! What a milestone and love the photos from the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww what fun you had with your sis and family! Congrats on 2 years...I'm almost at 2 years too. Crazy how time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww your niece and nephew are adorable! I'm loving being in the aunt phase - getting to know precious little ones but not yet responsible for them! So fun you got to host your sister at your house!

    Congrats on 2 years blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! Happy blogoversary! So glad I have been able to meet you & grow a friendship through your blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 years already?! Happy blogoversary! And I love that you got to fill your home with children's laughter :)

    ReplyDelete