Monday, February 3, 2014

Apple-Feta Salad with Chicken, Bacon & Pecans




Does anyone else find it difficult at times to cook for two? I hesitate to make recipes that serve 6-8, because that means we'll be having leftovers 3 and 4 times over. It's nice to have go-to recipes that are easy to throw together for just two people, like chili, pasta dishes, etc. I made this salad the other week, and it has now been added to my list of easy for 2 dinners :) The quantities below serve two, but you can easily customize it to serve however many you need, or switch any of the toppings for those of your choosing. I hope you have a great start to your week!

Apple-Feta Salad with Chicken, Bacon & Pecans
salad greens (I used baby spinach + romaine)
2 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 apple, chopped
1/4 cup craisins
2 oz crumbled feta
1/4 cup spiced nuts (recipe here)

Layer all salad ingredients on two plates. Serve with vinaigrette (I used raspberry, but you could also use balsamic or another of your favorites).

source: recipe adapted from here

5 comments:

  1. ooooo yummy yummy! This looks great! Since you're cooking for 2 can I just stop by and you can add one more place setting at the table for me? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This salad is right up my alley! I love apples and feta in salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - reading the title made me hungry! brian and i make a salad during the week with a poached egg - agreed, salads are easy to make and customize for two - but this looks like a step up and so delicious. i'm going to have to try it soon, thanks for the idea sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband is finally on board with eating salads as a meal. He would love this! I am all in with salads with bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good! I need some new salad recipes to add to the rotation.

    ReplyDelete