Thursday, November 21, 2013

Paris {Part 3}


















We spent the day at Versailles on Wednesday. What an incredible palace! The audio tour was really interesting to gain insight on some of the history of the palace, and the grounds and gardens were breathtaking. After touring inside, we spent the rest of the day walking around outside, sitting by the ponds, people watching. It was a gorgeous day, and we're really glad we took an entire day to spend there. 

On Thursday we headed up to Montmarte to see Sacre-Coeur. There was a service going on while we were there, so we were able to hear the nuns singing and worshipping. It was a neat experience to be in such an intricately built and old basilica, listening to a bunch of nuns singing in either French or Latin (couldn't really tell). Afterwards we did a little shopping and saw the Place de la Bastille, the Place des Vosges, and toured the home Victor Hugo lived in while writing Les Misérables (one of my favorites!). We ended our day at Pompidou. As I mentioned before, I really like art, but modern art is sometimes a stretch for me. Pompidou had so much interesting (and sometimes weird) art, but it was so fun to look at it all! 

Friday was our last day in Paris, and it was pretty rainy. We spent a little while sipping on Starbucks waiting for it to warm up a little and stop raining, but it kept drizzling so we just ventured out with umbrellas in hand. We spent a good amount of time in Le Bon Marche (such good shopping!), so that was a nice break from the rain. We went to the Eiffel Tower so I could see it one more time, and then we grabbed lunch and headed to the Pont des Arts where we locked our love on the bridge and threw the key in the river. We walked by Notre Dame one last time and bought some paintings by the river. It really was getting to be quite cold and damp out, so we headed back to our hotel to read for a bit before going out for dinner. We left Paris Saturday morning feeling like we saw and did everything we wanted to do. Our trip to Paris was such a dream come true, and we loved every minute! Paris was everything I hoped it would be, and I'm so glad I got to experience it all with Caleb.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it was such an idyllic trip! The weather looked beautiful on your day at Versailles! Paris has never been on the top of my list of European cities to visit (I don't know why?), but thanks to your posts, I think I may be convinced it would definitely be worth a trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My one regret about my trip to Paris is not making it to Sacre-Coeur. Your photos are gorgeous! Glad you had such a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect timing for your Paris trip ... now it's turned cold, dreary and rainy in Europe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sherri, these images are gorgeous...like perfect for a postcard gorgeous! What a trip of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this photos are STUNNING. my heart is so happy for you - so glad this dream trip came true for you. it's so amazing when you get to do that :)

    ReplyDelete