Monday, January 28, 2013

2013 Reading List

After I shared my favorite reads of 2012, my sister asked what books I had on my 2013 reading list. I have never sat down at the beginning of a year and planned out what books I wanted to read, because I like to read whatever I feel like in the moment--the books I hear about or the ones I see that pique my interest. But then I realized that the books I slowly pile onto my nightstand are the ones that I subconsciously plan to read sometime in the next year. For some reason the books I own are always the last ones I get around to finishing. I think it's something about the deadline of a library book due date that pushes me to read those books faster than my own. In any case, these are the books that I have on my nightstand. Most of them I've actually even started, but I hope to finish each of them this year. Do you plan to read certain books each year? What's on your to-read list?








10 comments:

  1. Great list! I have the Nancy Guthrie one (someone just sent it in the mail to me...) and hope to read it soon. Did you see that there is a special on PBS tonight about Queen Elizabeth? I think it's at 9. I love how you read so many different genres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got two of these on my list! Maybe they will finally get off my "nightstand" this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great roundup! I love getting book ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally pinning this! I have been looking for new reads for the past few weeks. So great to meet you at ALT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selection! I enjoyed reading One Thousand Gifts last year and really enjoying her devotion book this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice list! the next one on my list is actually one you read this year - about the woman and the boy she befriends in NYC. definitely next on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know there was a 'real' Downton Abbey! Love that show so gotta check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am currently reading 3 different books, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts on these. I read One Thousand Gifts last year, and even though it took a while to get into, I loved it. It helped me notice the little things in life more and APPRECIATE them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1000 Gifts is a great book, and so is The Excellent Wife!

    ReplyDelete