Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Where I've Been


Sorry I've been MIA for the past two weeks.  I'm not pregnant and we didn't buy another house and there is no significant event that I can use as an excuse for my absence.  Just life.

I have been feeling SO overwhelmed the past few months...  I can pinpoint it back to when we bought our house; not because our house has been overwhelming, but because that seemed to be the start of our busy summer.  Work was busy in May, insane in June, and crazy in July.  We had houseguests three different weekends, traveled out of town for five weekends, attended three weddings, and managed to go on a vacation in there too.  The weeks have been long and busy and the weekends have been busy too.  I've been feeling like I'm in a constant state of catch-up: catching up on laundry, catching up on sleep, catching up on reading the books that I'm halfway through.  I made goals for July and didn't meet any of them!

All that to say I haven't liked the way life has been shaking down lately.  I need to be more productive during my lunch break, I need to push myself to get more things done after work even if I'm really tired.  I need to make some goals and actually keep them!  I need to do a better job of keeping in touch with my family and friends.  I need to get a better schedule and routine down so that I am doing the things that I want to do.

So I'm back.  I'ved missed blogging and I miss reading blogs so I'm going to figure out a better balance to make sure I'm being productive and enjoying life.

P.S. Can anyone relate or am I the only one who sometimes freaks and loses all sense of a balance in life?!

(image via)

11 comments:

  1. I'm entirely like this! There is so much to do in life that sometimes I get sooooo behind and I feel like I'll never catch up... My fix? Make lists! Lists for everything and then prioritize them! Pin them to the calander and make goals for when they will be finished, if you don't finish some things, add them to the new one as #1 priority! No need to stress, there is no dead line on life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! Most days I feel so productive and then I get into bed and think about everything else I could have done... I've missed reading your posts - can't wait to read more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget to get some rest too! Love you, Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey a little blogging break can be a good thing! It can make you reevaluate whether or not you really enjoy it or not. Glad you are back girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, life happens sometimes, and that's completely normal. But personally, I'm very glad you're back! You were missed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WELCOME BACK! I've missed you, not going to lie. But you know what, taking a break from blogging is a-okay sometimes! I'm just glad you're not disappearing permanently! I want to hear more about your vacays, busy weekends, and house decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! I hope you find time to take care of yourself in all that busyness

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can absolutely relate. when my life at work gets crazy so many things fall behind - calling friends, laundry, feeling ready to do it all over again. it sounds like you've had a crazy summer, and i really hope it dies down and gets better with the start of fall. i also understand coming home and not wanting to do anything because you're too tired (did it last night). sometimes i like to focus on one task for the day - laundry, sweeping, or emptying the dishwasher. and i find that helps and makes me feel like i'm getting back on track. i hope it all calms down soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I can relate for sure! This whole summer has been the same for me....so busy everything is a blur and I want to cry everytime I see my laundry room or drawers in the house because everything looks so chaotic but not enough hours in the day to correct it! I think it's okay to step away from the blogging world every now and then. It can be consuming for sure. Take a breather and just keep reminding yourself some of these things that have fallen by the wayside aren't going to kill you. It's all about perspective:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving all this!

    xx

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete