Monday, April 23, 2012

The Weekend

Happy Monday!  We had such a great weekend - and I hope you did too!  In an effort to keep one of my goals for April, I actually took pictures throughout our weekend :)  The highlight of our weekend was strawberry picking!  We picked two gallons and then made four batches of strawberry jam!  (I used this recipe).  Saturday night we went downtown for dinner, but unbeknownst to us it was prom night somewhere.  We ended up having a two-hour wait, but it was a beautiful night and watching all of the prom-goers eating their dinner ended up being quite entertaining.  Thankfully the food at the restaurant was spectacular and worth the wait.  Sunday was church and relaxing a little, and the weekend ended with a beautiful rainbow Sunday evening!

How did you spend your weekend?

{hard at work picking berries}

{almost a full bucket}

{some of the best strawberries I've ever had}

{one of our favorite traditions is going to pick fruit}

{so very thankful for this man}

{old warehouse on the west end}

{a freezer full of strawberry jam}

{gorgeous rainbow over our apartment complex}

{double rainbow}

18 comments:

  1. that rainbow is incredible!! and what a fun weekend - y'all are so cute. we also picked up a carton of fresh strawberries this weekend! (we just didn't take the time to go out there and pick them.) they were so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. straw berries =) , Rain bow...loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeely =)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww looks like you had an awesome weekend...and those strawberries look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so cute! looks like a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does sound like a great weekend. Those strawberries look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those strawberries look so yummy! Looks like a fun way to spend the weekend. Hope I get to try some of that strawberry jam sometime! Also, I love the pic of you and Caleb..your hair looks so pretty and wavy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. look at all that jam!!! so jealous. also you look gorgeous in these photos. I'm glad the wait was worth it for dinner - I always enjoy seeing kids out for prom. love the dresses and the awkwardness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you guys are SO adorable!! I am dying to get my husband to go strawberry picking me..but he wont ha! He does not see the excitement in it like I do! Your fresh strawberry jam sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So how was making the strawberry jam experience. I have a home canning kit, but because of the bulk amount I have to make with those recipes I"m totally intimidated lol.

    - Sarah
    agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made freezer jam, which is SO easy! Seriously you should try it! You don't have to sterilize the jars and do all of that hard stuff that comes with the home canning kit. Do it!! :)

      Delete
  10. Wow a double rainbow! So cool!! I like all your pictures. I don't think our strawberries are ripe yet here and it's definitely not warm enough for shorts and flip-flops. I can't wait for it!!

    I wish you could send me some of your strawberry jam ... I've been craving homemade strawberry jam. If only I had energy, time, jars, pectin (I have no idea what that is over here) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! I'm so glad that you took so many beautiful pictures and shared with us. I could go for some fresh strawberries, unfortunately we have to wait until summertime for them to be ripe and ready up here :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooo....I wish we had a place to pick berries!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun weekend!! I love berry picking! And I am digging your Harvard and Boston Red Sox shirt/hat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You guys are just too cute! :) I can't wait for berry season - picking (and eating) is so much fun. Your jam sure does look good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The rainbow is gorgeous...looks Iike the perfect weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a great weekend! We're hoping to pick strawberries on Monday and I hope the 3 kiddos cooperate so my freezer can look like yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is the rule that for every one strawberry you pick, you get to eat one?! :) This would be so fun one afternoon!

    ReplyDelete