Thursday, February 9, 2012

Winter Nail Care


My skin isn't the only thing that is super dry during winter; my nails also need help!  I've found that using this cuticle cream really keeps my cuticles from being atrociously dry.  I rub it into my cuticles when I get into bed, or whenever I think about it during the day.  It's lemon-scented and nourishes brittle nails, too.


My other favorite nail-care product is this vitamin E nail oil.  It also softens cuticles, but massaging the oil into your nails stimulates new nail growth.  After years of being a nail-biter, my nails just don't seem to want to grow very fast, so I really need this!

What do you use to keep your nails healthy? 

13 comments:

  1. i need to get that cuticle cream, and almost have a few times. i have very brittle nails and need to fix them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I definitely need to try this! My poor nails are so brittle and so sad looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Burt's Lemon Butter for cuticles. I even use it on my lips sometimes (in a pinch). That lemony smell is heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same cuticle cream, I just can't ever remember to put it on :) I haven't ever tried the vitamin oil, but I definitely should!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i keep mine polished ;)
    http://butternutstreet.blogspot.com/2012/02/another-fabulous-giveaway-ends-soon.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally can relate with the nail biting. I also keep polish on my nails and I have been going a year now without biting and they are getting stronger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah such good tips...I seriously don't do enough for my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got to try this out. Over the Christmas break I got a manicure with my sister and got the shelac stuff....my nails have been horrible ever since. My nails look terribly desperate, so thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips! I got this "Nivea Nail Creme" in a blog swap for nail polish, and I love it. Even M uses it since he gets dry skin around his nails. It also helps moisturize my actual nails too. I'll have to try these products out. I hope YOU have a FANTASTIC Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am doing zero to keep them from getting try. Need to give them some TLC asap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i was looking at my nails the other day and wondering what the heck was going on. I guess i didn't even realize there was a winter nail care regimen. DEFINITELY hoping on this bandwagon so thank you so much for bringing to my attention!

    xo
    http://shanelesheek.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. My hands and nails get SO DRY during winter. I'm running out to get this Burt's Bees cream asap! xoxo Marissa

    http://happiness-is-the-little-things.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete