Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Weekend with my Family

This past weekend my family gathered at my parents' house to celebrate my sister Lauren's birthday.  It was a quick trip for us, but it was so fun to be all together!  If there's one thing you need to know about my family, it's that we love to eat. Lauren chose an amazing menu for her birthday dinner Saturday night, and I think I gained a few pounds from all the food I consumed throughout the weekend.  On Sunday it started snowing!  It was really fun to see a little snow for the first time this winter, but it made for a long (and tense) drive home.  Here are some pictures from our weekend!

What did you do this past weekend?

{festive table}

{hanging out with Uncle Caleb}

{cutest little smile}

{grilling the kebabs}

{the birthday girl}

{bruschetta while waiting for dinner}

{dinner: beef, shrimp, & chicken kebabs; twice baked potatoes; caesar salad}

{family around the table}

{every two minutes she would say "Mommy it's your birfday!"}

{pretty presents}

{so excited for Mommy to open her presents}

{white chocolate raspberry cheesecake for dessert}

{Sunday snow fall}

10 comments:

  1. i love all these pictures! jealous you got to see some snow, still none here in nyc. and that picture of caleb with your nephew? adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you all could be together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun weekend! The kebabs look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a fun weekend! Mallory's smile is so cute and I love the picture of Caleb and Judah! So sweet! I'm glad you had a fun time and that you made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cheese cake sounds amazing! What a fun weekend and the snow just capped it off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not many things are better than good food and hanging out with family. I hope you sister had a good birthday =)

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum...everything looks delicious! Your sister is beautiful! Happy Birthday to her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww looks like Lauren had a great birthday and some wonderful food!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a wonderful weekend! That cheesecake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a perfect trip home!

    ReplyDelete