Thursday, June 23, 2011

Photo Booth Collage

Does anyone else love taking pictures in photo booths?  It's seriously one of my favorite things to do.  My favorite part is when everyone on the inside of the black curtains gets to laughing because of how fun and silly the booth is, and then the pictures turn out even better!

I've slowly been in the process of decorating our home.  I love the wedding pictures we have up, but I don't want just wedding pictures everywhere.  I thought about doing a collage of framed pictures on the wall, but everyone has one of those and I wanted something different.  That's when I decided to gather some of these photo booth strips that I've been collecting for years and make them into a little mini-collage.  The hardest part was trying to figure out what color background I wanted.  I like the simplicity of the black and white, so I didn't want a colorful background, but any more black or white might be too much.  I settled with the grey and I think I like it how it is.  Obviously it will look much better hanging on the wall then sitting on the floor.  I'm scared of hammering so I'm waiting for Caleb to get home so he can hang it up for me.


How do you creatively display photos in your house?  Do you only like to hang up perfectly posed, smiling pictures?  Or do you also have some silly/slightly embarrassing pictures on display? 

17 comments:

  1. I love it! I like that it's different, but still pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i definitely have funny pictures, along with posed, and always find myself getting distressed or weathered frames. i like the idea of posting these different photo booth shots - so cute you saved them for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been in a photo booth before....I am missing out! Next time I see one I'm jumping in! I love the way you have thought to decorate with the pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea...I know it's sad to say but I have zero photo booth pics with my husband...must put on to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been planning on doing a larger scale photo booth looking display in my home. I wanted to do one with Me, the hubby, the bebe, and the dog, but I wanted it to be a thing where I'm looking down, hub is looking up and the baby is in the middle (so it looks like we are looking at the bebe) Kind of Brady bunch like. We'll see if it goes into fruition. =)

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute idea! My husband and I only have 1 set of photo booth shots which were taken when we dated in high school, about 8 years ago! I totally agree with not wanting to hang just wedding photos, which is hard to do when your a newly-wed. Since my husband & I have both gotten into photography over the past couple of years we now hang photos of our travels and favorite places we've been!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea!! I love taking pictures in photobooths, I have a few photo strips hanging in my room :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now you need one with the nieces and nephew. Next time all of us are at a mall together...

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love photo booth pictures, but it sucks that they raised prices, I think I remember them being 2 bucks, now its 5-10 here. still so cute. I use those large black frames throughout the house, but now I'm starting to love white frames so we'll have to figure it out in our home one day :)

    http://www.pinkpeonieswithlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh that's so fun! great idea!
    -sydni

    ReplyDelete
  11. Consider my hubs and I are forever taking goofy pics you know we have lots of none posed pics in our home ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea...I like how unique it is. Cute and creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE photo booths! Such great fun. I like to write the date and place on the back. You always take them in fun places and it brings back such great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i guess we do the lame photo collage that everyone else does :) but we're moving soon so i'm looking for new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's just something about photo booth pictures... they're my favorite!!!

    Happy Thursday Dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have always wanted to take goofy photos in a photo booth (we only have the crappy passport photo booths here where the automated voice yells at you for tilting your head slightly). I love your collage! I did a gallery wall of all our travel photos but I also have a collage of random photos, movie ticket stubbs and other memorabilia in our kitchen (I actually prefer that to the formal gallery wall).

    ReplyDelete