Friday, June 24, 2011

Joy Pockets

I'm so happy that it is finally Friday:  the weekend has officially started!  So I am linking up with Monica at bohemian twilight for a joy pockets post, because I love remembering the little moments of joy throughout my day.

one) I loved reading about this amazing Starbucks in the woods proposal!  
Hearing other proposal stories takes me back to the night we got engaged.


two) I went running today for the first time in like a year.
It will be a long process of getting back in shape, but I
was inspired after reading this post.


three) I got to see two of my nieces on Skype today!
They are growing up so fast!


four) I successfully made my first omelette.  I usually
mess up as I try to flip them and it turns into scrambled eggs.
I learned the correct technique here.
via here


five) We get to spend our weekend at home.  Just 
the two of us.  So incredibly excited.


I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Hope you're weekend w/ the Hubbs is great! Way to go on your first omelette!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starbucks in the woods sounds so nice. I don't drink coffee, but just sitting in a cafe is nice, it would be even nicer outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad you did because I spent a good hour or so looking through your posts! Love it! I'm definitely going to follow.

    I saw a video on how to make eggs the right way and to think I've been doing something that is so simple, so wrong all this time! Hmph! Have a good weekend Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't it so cool to learn a little technique that makes life better even in a small way?

    being away from home, we love skype.

    lovely to have you join in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the omelette tutorial - I'm the same way, scrambled eggs just seems way easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for number 2! and i'd love to hear about number 1 :) have an awesome weekend at home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're doing well! Keep up the cooking and running! :D I just usually make a giant egg scramble with veggies, and then smother it and salsa and call it good! :D Cute blog!

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Starbucks in the woods proposal?! Sounds so cool ...heading over to check it out. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to check out that starbucks in the woodds like! Looks amazing! Glad your having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome post! I love all of it, especially that you're going running again. That motivates me to hit the pavement when other blog friends get outdoors to run too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post! love finding joy in the little things.

    ReplyDelete