Friday, August 9, 2013

Learning to be Spontaneous




I am not what you would call spontaneous; I'm a planner and an organizer, and I'm constantly learning to be more flexible. But! last weekend was spontaneous, and I LOVED it! We decided last Thursday night to go to the beach for part of the weekend. We booked a hotel right before we went to bed on Thursday, and headed to the beach after work on Friday. We needed new beach chairs, and Target and Walmart here have gotten rid of beach things and brought in the back-to-school stuff (which, by the way, drives me crazy because it was the first weekend of August! We are still in full-on summer mode over here!), so I just figured we would find beach chairs along the way. Friday night we had a great talk in the car, our hotel was nice, and Saturday we woke up to a beautiful, sunny day. We started heading to the beach, hoping we would find beach chairs and also hoping we would find a place to park. We had never been to Isle of Palms, so we didn't know where the public beach access was or what kind of parking would be available. We just went for it! After driving around for a while we finally found an awesome parking spot right near the beach access. But, no chairs. We headed down to the water anyway, saw some rental beach chairs, called the phone number on the umbrella, and they delivered us our chairs for the day. The weather was perfect all day, the water was so refreshing, and we had such a great time. Everything worked out just fine and we are so glad we went! I'm hoping this experience will teach me to be more spontaneous in the future:) I hope you have a great weekend, and do something fun and spontaneous! xx

7 comments:

  1. Sherri, that is so fun!! I'm terrible at being spontaneous, but maybe this will be inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! Even if it is only a day, going to the beach is so worth it. It's just so nice to relax in a new setting, not to mention a beautiful one. Here's to being more spontaneous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome :) i'm the same as you - really love to plan stuff, but find when i go with the flow i have a wonderful time. hope your weekend is just as nice this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so totally NOT spontaneous. I'm a big MBTI fan, so I know this goes along with my INTJ personality. I accept it, and roll with it, but I also push myself to be a little more spontaneous sometimes, especially since my ENFP hubby really appreciates it when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need more spontaneity in my life! So glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what I am the same way! My husband is good at helping me be more spontaneous because he lives by the day:) Glad you got away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being spontaneous is one of the ways to truly enjoy life I think!

    ReplyDelete