Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Mango Salsa






Let's make some salsa and let's use mango! We're talking fresh ingredients, some chopping + dicing, and we have a salsa for snacking before dinnertime. I threw in mangoes, jalapeno, lime juice, onion, red pepper, and cucumber. You can add cilantro too, if you're into that (I'm one of those who doesn't really like it), and anything else you feel like adding. This is easy, throw-in-what-you-like salsa, and it's hard to go wrong. Mangoes can be slippery + tricky to cut, so grab an OXO mango splitter to make it easier! This tastes better if the flavors have time to meld, so stick it in the fridge for an hour before serving.

Mango Salsa
2 mangoes, peeled and diced
1/2 cup diced vidalia onion
1 jalapeno, finely diced
1/2 cup chopped cucumber
1/2 cup diced red pepper
juice of 1 lime

Combine all ingredients in small bowl. Stir to combine. Cover and store in fridge for at least one hour before serving. Serve with chips, over fish tacos, or anywhere else you'd like to add some fresh salsa.

Disclosure: I received the above OXO mango splitter from the OXO Blogger Outreach Program, but the above opinions are 100% my own. OXO is a brand I have always used and one that I really love.

3 comments:

  1. this looks amazing! i always throw mango into my guacamole, such a great flavor - making this is a no-brainer. thanks for the recipe sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome Sherri! You know, I'm not sure I've ever had a mango....at least not that I'm aware of! Maybe should stop by your house so you can make me some of this salsa? ;-)

    ReplyDelete