Monday, July 22, 2013

What's your favorite household chore?

What's your favorite household chore or errand to run to take care of your home? Mine is grocery shopping, hands down. I know a lot of people hate going to the grocery, but I think it's so satisfying to buy a ton of groceries and come home and stock the fridge + pantry. Since we moved to the South I've really enjoyed being able to do all my shopping at Publix. I drive past several other grocery store chains every week on my way to Publix--it's just that good.


There are always a ton of carts, the carts are actually clean (sticky carts are SO gross), and the entire store is organized and clean. Dirty, unorganized stores lose me as a customer real fast.


Publix carries all of the brands I really like, but I also use the Publix brand for quite a few items. The quality is good, and there are some items that I can't even tell a difference (I did a blind taste-test with Nestle chocolate chips vs. Publix chocolate chips - couldn't tell!). The produce is also good quality, which is really important to me. I love that I can stock up on everything I need for the week in one place, because grocery-store hopping is inefficient and frustrating for me. 


My favorite thing about Publix, though, is the customer service. They take your groceries to your car for you! And load them in your trunk! And return the cart for you! Those three things were the only parts of grocery shopping that I didn't like, and now someone else does them for me! The baggers that take my groceries to the car are always super nice, too. I can't remember a week they didn't ask me how my day was going, or if I had a good day at work, or what my plans for the weekend are. It's top notch, folks. Since I've been going to the same grocery store for two years now, I know who the cashiers and baggers are, and I really like that. One day an employee who restocks shelves was talking to me and he mentioned that he noticed I came in every Monday after work. The employees are just SO nice and I love that!


Now through July 24, look for the Running Out? Run In. event in Publix stores to take advantage of great savings on some of your favorite General Mills brands. Plus, you can get a $10 Publix Gift card for spending $30 on participating items now through August 2.




Disclosure: The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark. But the above opinions on Publix are 100% my own. I really do shop at Publix every week :)

5 comments:

  1. You know Sherri, many of my other blogging friends have mentioned this store to me before and they always speak so highly of it. We don't have one of those in Houston, but from your description it reminds me of Ukrop's back in Richmond. Did you ever go there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Jenni LOVES Publix! Her wedding cake was actually from there and was beautiful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I go grocery shopping at Whole Foods or Fresh Market it's definitely one of my favorite chores. I also always find folding the laundry pretty relaxing... if I have an amazing playlist near by. :) Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I've got some super exciting news I'm sharing on my blog today. I'd love if you'd check it out. xo

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree! I love food shopping! And when I see a sale, even better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it too - and checking out what other people are buying - like did they find a product i keep missing that might be delicious, haha! i also, as odd as this sounds, like cleaning my bathroom. i find myself to be a very thorough cleaner so i know i'm getting the job done to my standards, and a clean bathroom is essential for obvious reasons. odd, but true.

    ReplyDelete