Monday, June 18, 2012

A Wedding Moment

Yesterday I was thinking about Father's Day and then I was remembering my favorite moment with my dad on my wedding day. After I was in my dress and before we took pictures, I met up with my dad so he could see me for the first time in my wedding dress.  It was such a special moment:  his seeing his littlest girl in her wedding dress about to get married, and my suddenly feeling like a little girl hoping my daddy would like my new dress.  It was wonderful to have a few moments with my parents before the wedding, especially before my dad walked me down the aisle to give me away.  I love having these pictures of that special moment!





16 comments:

  1. I love these pictures...such a special moment to have! What a great idea to capture it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures and remembering your special day. We are so blessed to have the greatest dad in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gives me chills to see. I have a similar moment in my heart forever.
    Hope you had a beautiful weekend Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a touching moment! Wonderful that the photographer was able to capture it so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a moment like this with my dad too!I knew he would love how I looked no matter what but I remember worrying that he wouldn't like my dress!It's always a moment I'll cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww what a beautiful moment with your daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a beautiful moment! What a blessing to look back at those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww. What beautiful post and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annd I got teary eyed looking at these. Reminds me of me and my Dad on my wedding day and it makes me think of my daughter and my husband someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh - sherri lynn. these are amazing. priceless. the emotions on your face throughout the pictures just say it all. absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sherri this is too sweet! What a special time with your parents before your wedding - time you will always cherish. Love these sweet photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are amazing. I love the look on your faces. Too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww...that is so wonderful! How awesome that you have pictures of that special moment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not going to lie, I just cried reading this post and looking at these pictures. What an amazing moment :)

    ReplyDelete