Friday, June 15, 2012

Pepperoni Bread



Have you ever had pepperoni rolls?  When I was in college, my mom would make them and send them back to school with me.  I would eat them for days:  it was a touch of homemade food in my life and they were delicious.  Well this pepperoni bread is like one giant pepperoni roll.  I think it's easier to make than dozens of the smaller version, and it tastes just as good.  Have a great weekend!

Pepperoni Bread
12 frozen bread dough balls 
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp parsley flakes
4 oz sliced pepperoni
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese

Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.  Combine dough balls and roll/pat into a 12x18-inch rectangle. Combine butter with seasonings.  Brush mixture on dough, reserving a small amount to brush on top later.  Arrange pepperoni on top of seasoning mixture and sprinkle with cheese.  Beginning with a long side, roll up dough jelly roll style. Tuck ends under and place, seam side down, on a large sprayed baking sheet.

Brush with reserved seasoning mixture.  Using a sharp serrated knife, cut several vents in the top.  Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise 30 minutes.  Remove plastic wrap and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

source:  Rhodes Home Baked Family Favorites

9 comments:

  1. This looks great! I love that I have many recipes from your blog and Lauren's. Your blog is so fun to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks like heaven in my mouth!! I have been craving something like this all week but I've been trying to be good. if it doesn't happen this weekend, I'm pretty sure I'll break down next week :)

    have a great weekend Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo this looks delicious! Phil would love this! Have a great weekend Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DELICIOUS with a capital D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness this looks way too good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so glad you shared this! my roommate from jersey would make us pepperoni bread all the time - a shared college experience for you and i sherri lynn :) one of the best comfort food items ever,

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss this post? Pinning this recipe for sure :)

    ReplyDelete