Thursday, June 21, 2012

Easy Summer Dessert: Fruit Pizza



Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the bloggers who always seem to make the lives look perfect.  You know what I mean? Pink peonies on the bedside table, a hair never astray, a fresh pedicure at all times? Let me tell you that real life around here does not look like that.  Real life around here is me falling down the steps on Tuesday.  Not my prettiest moment. And how does that even happen?!  Real life around here is leaving work every night this week feeling like I've accomplished nothing.  Real life is a spinach smoothie for breakfast....and a triple chocolate chunk muffin. Real life is us going on vacation in a week without hotel reservations yet (eeps!).  And to top it off, I totally used store-bought cookie dough for this fruit pizza.  This is real life, folks.

Fruit Pizza
16-18 oz package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
8 oz cream cheese, softened
7-8 oz jar of marshmallow creme
fresh fruit

Pat cookie dough onto an ungreased pizza pan or cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and done.

Mix together softened cream cheese and marshmallow creme until well blended.  Spread onto cooled cookie crust. Arrange fruit on top.  Cover with plastic wrap or store in airtight container and place in fridge until ready to serve.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you! I'm right there with you. No pink peonies in my house either. And my hair? Hot mess 90% of the time!

    Hey, no judgment here on the store-bought dough. I've been known to do a little break 'n bake myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy! And haha I agree with you about perfect bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...fresh and yummy for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl, real life is SO much more entertaining than fake life! Go girl (but I hope you didnt hurt yourself falling down the stairs!)

    This looks scrumptious and I would definitely join you for a slice....even if the crust was store bought :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. But real life can be wonderful! Like this fruit pizza I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely laughed reading this ... glad to know that life is keeping us all real :) Hope you're enjoying the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love real life so much more than "blog pretty" life. and I love fruit pizza! Thanks for reminding me I need to make this a few times this summer! And good luck getting ready for vacation in the next week... that lead-up week is always so stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I've seen these before! This one looks really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds so good! And let's hear it for real life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you haven't fallen down the stairs anymore! This looks so pretty and delicious! I really love store bought sugar cookie dough, especially when it's really gooey, not quite cooked all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha - love it! i'll take your real life over the fake life over others. i'm feeling you on the work frustrations this week - ugh. and if you can make something as pretty and delicious with store-bought dough then keep at it - looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks delicious!

    *Sheinside giveaway on my blog!*

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so beautiful and so tasty! I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't always have it together or a perfect home ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect! I was just looking for a dessert to make for friends coming over tonight! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete