Friday, January 27, 2012

Blueberry Muffins



Last weekend it rained--all weekend.  I ended up loving it because it was the most relaxing weekend we've had in a while.  To start things off, I woke up Saturday morning and made these muffins.  There's nothing like fresh blueberry muffins, still warm from the oven, for breakfast.  I'm sharing them today just in case you're hoping for the same kind of relaxing weekend that starts with a homemade muffin.

Happy Friday!

Blueberry Muffins
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
3 cups + 2 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 egg + 2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk
1 3/4 cups fresh blueberries
sanding sugar, for sprinkling

Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.

With an electric mixer on medium-high, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.  Add whole egg, yolks, and vanilla; mix until well combined.  Reduce speed to low; alternate adding reserved flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with flour.  Gently fold in berries.

Divide batter evenly among greased muffin pans; sprinkle generously with sanding sugar.  Bake at 375 degrees until light golden on top, rotating tin halfway through, about 20-30 minutes.  Cool in tin on wire rack 15 minutes before turning out muffins.  Store in airtight container.  Makes 12-18 muffins.

source:  recipe from Martha's Entertaining: A Year of Celebrations

13 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. YUM! Blueberry muffins are one of my favorites...perfect for Sunday brunch too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. delightful. it's raining in nyc today - i see something like this or pancakes in my future for tomorrow morning. have a great and relaxing weekend sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I please come live with you? Those muffins look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum! blueberry muffins are a perfect way to start any day!! these looks great

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to eat one of these right now, while the house is quiet, the children are sleeping, and I'm relaxing for a few minutes. They look delicious! Might just have to bake something now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I haven't made muffins in forever. Maybe I'll force myself to make them (I always end up eating all of them if no one else is around to eat them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely looking for that kind of weekend! Always looking for a good recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blueberry muffins are perfect for Saturday mornings! I also love blueberry pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! They look delicious! :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love blueberry muffins! They always remind me of my grandmother. Whenever she would make them, she would call the family. We would see who could get there the fastest! These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh these look yummy! I love some blueberry muffins! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blueberries are on sale this week so looks like I will be making some muffins! :D

    ReplyDelete