Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thanksgiving Table Decor

Have you decided how you will decorate your table for Thanksgiving this year?  I'm not hosting Thanksgiving at my house, but I've found some great inspiration for beautiful Thanksgiving tables!  If you don't know where to start, I'd suggest looking through and taking note of what you have:  serveware, vases, table linens, votives, jars, twine, chargers, candles, even natural things like twigs, nuts, fruit, pinecones, etc.  You might be surprised with what you can do with things you already have on hand.  Next, browse magazines, Pinterest, and blogs to get some inspiration. Mix elements that you like, remembering the items you already have.  Finally, gather what you don't have and play around with it until you find something you like.


Remember to add some dimension to your table - it makes
it seem less crowded.  This would also be good if you don't have enough
matching dishes, because it draws the eye away from the table a bit.
via

Try to add different textures to the table.  Earthy, natural
things like twigs, burlap, twine, or berries can help with this.
via

If you want a simple table, flowers and candles (unscented)
always look good.  You could add some cornhusks around the votives
and vases to make it more Thanksgiving-y.
via

Spray painting pumpkins or pieces of fruit can brighten
up your table, and they also make pretty place cards. 
via

A larger flower arrangement makes a beautiful centerpiece; try to
incorporate jewel tones and fall hues within the bouquet.
via

Create layers at each place setting with a charger and dishes.
Use boldly colored linens to contrast against your china. 
via

Sometimes simple is best.  All-white china looks pretty with
crisp linens and a simple place card.
via

Where are you finding your Thanksgiving table inspiration?

21 comments:

  1. Too bad I'm not hosting a thanksgiving this year, but I think I'll use some of these ideas for non-Halloween fall decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!

    Oh I love table number 2! I find inspiration in smell. We got a new Autumn Leaves candle and I want to cook and decorate like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always had a preference for gold pumpkins:) I love each and every one of these ideas! I have small champagne pumpkins I am hoping to use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the last two pictures! The pears are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the table decor outfit inspiration! I am going to use pine cones for place holders this year. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the natural table setting...I never would have thought to mix light blue into thanksgiving colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all these ideas... but the gold pumpkins are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm totally loving the spray painted gold pumpkins. So easy and so classy lookin.

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I love the little gold pumpkins! Nice sparkly touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. all of these ideas are so pretty; I want to do them all lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of a simple table with flowers and unscented candles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are all so pretty! What cute ideas! I'm getting so excited for the holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this! i especially like the cornhusk votives and cases with the mauve roses. swoon. um....my table in my apt fits probably one mini pumpkin on it before getting too crowded for two place settings. that's real talk there sherri.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful inspirational pictures! I love tablescapes, but often do not have the time to make it so perfect looking! One day! Hope your day is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love the corn husk idea...such an elegant and simple table setting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oo i love the votive candles! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are wonderful ideas! I would have never thought about corn husks or spray painting pumpkins. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all these ideas! As it will just be the husband and I for Thanksgiving this year, I may use some of this for just the two of us. Really, really love that first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful and festive decor ideas! I can't even pick a fave because I would be delighted with my table looking like any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fun fall place settings, I love all of those ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful decor! I am having Thanksgiving at my house this year and I'm not sure how I'm going to decorate yet...yikes!

    ReplyDelete