Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Birthday in a Box



Is there anything as exciting as receiving packages for your birthday?  I think it's pretty hard to top, so I suggest sending a friend or family member a Birthday in a Box!  One of my dearest friend's birthday was last week.  She lives in another state and we only get to see each other a few times a year, so I wanted to send her a fun package:  a mini birthday party in a box.  

Contents:
- repackaged confetti cupcake mix
- sprinkles
- cupcake liners
- handmade cupcake toppers
- party plates
- birthday napkins
- balloons
- homemade confetti
- repackaged hot cocoa mix
- homemade pennant banner

Gather everything you want to include in your birthday in a box.  Other fun ideas would be party hats, noise makers, streamers - get creative!  Repackaging food items in cellophane bags looks cuter than the Duncan Hines box they came in, FYI.  Just be sure to include the instructions on a tag tied to the bag.  I got the templates for the pennant banner and cupcake toppers here.  When everything is together, put it all in a box and ship it off!  Make sure you send it in enough time that it will arrive before the birthday!

30 comments:

  1. THIS IS GENIUS! I never would have thought to do something like this, but it's a great idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute, I love this idea for a friend or family member that doesn't live near you!

    whitney
    seeshopeatdo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, as the recipient of this thoughtful package, I can honestly say that it is a wonderful idea! I LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really thoughtful and would be so fun to receive! I need to be more of THAT friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! Very thoughtful of you!! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously love this idea. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh my gosh what a GREAT idea!! I love this!! So fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg what a great idea!! This is seriously GENIUS!!

    Happy Wednesday!
    Simplycamylla.blogspot.com
    Come by and enter the GIVEAWAY!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sherri you are a really great friend! This is a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a sweet and creative present!! will definitely be borrowing this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a sweet present! I love mail...I'm totally going to guilt trip you into doing this for me next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is genius! And seriously adorable! I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the cutest idea! I will have to send this to one of my friends next year...maybe even my sister if she stays in the USVI! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is such a good idea, I can't stand it! Would love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh WOW i love this. such such such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you always have the most creative ideas! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun idea. with three girls all living so far away. I could send them all a birthday box. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute idea! I love this. Such a thoughtful gesture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is the loveliest idea ever!!!! why not send a mini-bday party inside a box? the only thing missing would be myself, but i'm sure that person would feel like i'm there saying a big HAPPY B-DAY!!!!!!

    love,
    teresa
    www.trend-ish.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is an amazing idea!!! You always have the best stuf on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so CUTE. Putting the cake mix in a baggie is a great idea to keep the color themes working. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic idea! I want one of these to arrive at my doorstep!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is such a fun idea, I bet she was so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i got a party in a box this year for my birthday and it was very much enjoyed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super cute:) Love the idea of sending so much celebration love!

    ReplyDelete