Thursday, July 21, 2011

DIY Confetti Manicure

confetti nails

Rarely do I paint my nails.  I just don't find it practical with all of the cooking and then subsequent dish-washing that I do.  However, the other day it was kind of rainy and I was tired and a little bored.  So I decided to try this nail idea I had seen.  I ended up really liking it!  I call it a confetti manicure because I think it looks like I dipped the ends of my nails in confetti.  All you need is nail polish and a couple of bobby pins.

nail polish

1.  I did two coats of essie ballet slippers and let them dry.  
2.  Then, I opened up a bobby pin and bent it into one straight piece.  
3.  I put a few drops of essie peach daiquiri on a post-it note, dipped one end of the bobby pin into the nail polish, and then "stamped" random dots of color on all of the nails on one hand.  I re-dipped the bobby pin after each dot I placed on a nail. I let those dots dry.
4.  I then repeated the "stamping" of the dots with Sephora by OPI Meet for Drinks and let those dots dry.
5.  Then I repeated the "stamping" with essie chinchilly and let those dots dry.
6.  I did steps 3-5 for the other hand, then put a top coat on each hand.

37 comments:

  1. Looks adorable! I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you've got a lot of patience to do that, AND they look great!! I could never get my nails to look that good doing it myself, so I just go get them done (I get gels so I don't have to keep repainting them). This looks really fun, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love this!! Simple, but eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea! and thanks for the how to! i tried polka dots once with a toothpick and just dipping it in the bottle. the dots did not turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable:) Have a great day, sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lot of patience! Looks very cheerful and summery tho!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun idea! i never paint my nails either, but i could try this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I never paint my nails either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is totally adorable. Although, I question if I have a steady enough hand to pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Love love love this!

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg what a good idea!!! I never thought of using a bobby pin when doing polka dots!

    xo Jackie
    http://livingaftermidnite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is way too fun! i can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. those are so cute - love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute idea! Love Essie nailpolish, my fave!

    Xo Chelle
    discoveringelegance.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun. I agree with Tonia. You have got some major patience!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Genius! And now I want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is adorable. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is cute, Sherri! You are very clever! Are you keeping that look for your night tonight? And I'm sure the little girls loved those nails!

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely manicure!!!! i want to get creative with my nails too, awesome job!!!

    love,
    http://www.trend-ish.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cute! I'll have to try it when I am home!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those looks so awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OHMY! I must try this!!! What a wonderful idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is suh-weet! I love the look Sherri!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now this is so fun and super cute!! I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. so cute! I love the colors you used-- I think I'll be copying you as soon as we're back from the lake and my nails won't be in danger of getting ruined :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. so so cute. adore this. thanks for another lovely post. I hope you had an amazing weekend. Would love if you'd check out my latest post featuring pictures from my favorite little treat shop in Beverly Hills. Thanks love. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am so impressed, Sherri! I do not have the patience for this, but if I did, I would for sure try it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh my word how cute is this!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete