Monday, July 25, 2011

Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookies

Have you ever had a pizookie?  This "pizza-cookie" is cookie dough baked in a personal-sized dish, much like a little pizza.  I was introduced to the concept just last week and am now sad for the years of my life that were without pizookies. Personally, I prefer making these deep-dish cookies rather than dropping dozens of cookies on baking sheets and checking on them every 30 seconds between the 10-12 minute mark to make sure they're not over-cooked.  Your cookie-baking life will be much simpler with the pizookie.

my delicious deep-dish cookie

Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp sugar
1 cup unsalted butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp sea salt
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
.75 lb chocolate, chopped (I used semi-sweet chips)

Beat together butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, vanilla, and sea salt.  Sift together the flour and baking soda.  Stir into batter. Add chocolate chunks and stir until well mixed.

Fill 4" ramekins (or other small baking dish) with raw cookie dough, about 1/2" thick.  Place ramekins on baking sheet and put in the middle rack of the oven.  Bake at 375 degrees for 12-18 minutes (you want them slightly undercooked but not doughy).

Remove from oven and place each ramekin on a napkin (so that you can hold the hot dish).  Top with ice cream.

With the remaining cookie dough you can make chocolate chip cookies, baking the cookies for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees.  Or you can roll the cookie dough into logs and store them in the freezer to pull out next time you want a pizookie.

source:  recipe from white on rice couple

27 comments:

  1. these look beyond delicious......yummmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh my heaven amazing!! Those are so dangerous though haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful idea! I love deep dish pizza and chocolate. So deep dish chocolate cookies sound heavenly...you know of course without the pizza sauce LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this picture on Pinterest and want to try it out!! Looks great, I may have to try it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously want to try every single recipe you post! they all look SO GOOD!

    xo Jackie
    http://livingaftermidnite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is amazing! such a good dessert to have if you're hosting guests too - easy to make the dough beforehand and pop into the oven during dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful!! I want one right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been craving chocolate like a monster lately... this looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow does that look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG. i love the sound of this!! better try it out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Get in my belly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmmm..... How many pizookies do you get from this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This batch makes probably 14-18 pizookies, depending on how thick you make them

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh dear. this is too much for my hips to handle!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My mouth is watering!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gotta look the pizookie...this is making me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. holy moly this looks delish!
    pizookies! i need one!
    xo dana
    thewonderforest.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks absolutely to die for. I am definitely putting this down on my 'to bake asap' list. Drool!

    Xo Chelle
    discoveringelegance.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. YUM! That sounds so good right now! I love pizzookies!

    Becca
    http://blondeslogic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whoa that looks great - too bad I am on a total carb-free diet for the next month!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Look out! I might need one of these to make it through the bachelorette tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  22. looks awesome! i need some little dishes, though, so I can make them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks amazing! This is the second blog today that I've seen on these cookies, so they must be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah, these will be the end of me! I have such a weakness for cookies. And the deep dish idea? Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yummy! And the homemade ice cream maker looks awesome. I have some money to Williams Sonoma left over from the wedding, so I might have to purchase this this week. What kind of ramekins do you have to serve the deep dish cookies in? A great entertaining idea as well.

    awinstead5@gmail.com

    www.something-simple.net

    ReplyDelete