Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Birthday Week

via

Today is the second day of my Birthday Week (yes, that was capitalized).  I absolutely love my birthday and I love anticipating it by mini-celebrating in the days leading up to it.  This week instead of just making my favorite food for my birthday dinner on Thursday, I decided to make several of my favorite dinners throughout the week.  I might post recipes later, so stay tuned.  Most years I pick a random dessert in lieu of the traditional birthday cake, so I'm also thinking about making a couple different desserts too.  I mean, your birthday only comes once a year, right?!

via

The other thing I'm doing this week is taking advantage of all of the free birthday things that are offered by restaurants and stores.  I know there's like 38459 restaurants that give you a free dessert or free food if you come in on your birthday, but I don't like going out to eat on my birthday and having a bunch of strangers sing to me, so those don't appeal to me.  I read an article back in January that featured some restaurants that email you a coupon to get something free in the weeks around your birthday. Apparently I signed up for a bunch of them! Here are the ones I've received and how you can sign up for them too:

Ruby Tuesday: a coupon to get any handcrafted burger for free, have 2 weeks to use it (here)
Moe's: a coupon to get any entree for free (excluding fajitas), have 1 week to use it (here)
Coldstone Creamery: a coupon for BOGO any creation, have 2 weeks to use it (here)
Baskin Robbins: a coupon for a a free 2.5 oz scoop of ice cream, have 10 days to use it (here)
Rita's: a coupon for a free regular Italian ice, have 1 week to use it (here)
Starbuck's: register a giftcard and then join the rewards program, you'll get mailed a coupon for any drink any size, have 2-3 weeks to use it (here)
Panera: get a MyPanera rewards card and register it, they'll put a free treat on it (usually a sweet or pastry), have 60 days to use it (here)

via

Also, I've been doing a little shopping with my birthday rewards.  With a Loft credit card, you'll get a $15 off one purchase during your birthday month (here for credit card information).  And with a Victoria's Secret credit card, you'll get $10 off one purchase during your birthday month (here for credit card information).  And if you sign up to be a rewards member at DSW, you'll get $5 off one purchase during your birthday month (here to sign up).

via

So I guess it looks like Caleb and I will be spending a lot of my birthday week eating!  What did you expect from me, the one who posts a new recipe like every two days?  But then there's also the shopping.  And I'm hoping to spend some time laying out by the pool, and then hanging out with Caleb a bunch.  And we're still waiting for my nephew to be born (any day now!), so hopefully there will be a trip to meet him and see my family.

How do you like to celebrate your birthday?

30 comments:

  1. I got those coups on my b-day too! SCORE! My favorite one was the Moe's burrito. GET in my BELLY!!!

    Any birthday surprises thus far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha yes it seems like you will be doing a lot of eating this week! Lots of great desserts YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loooooove birthdays too! all that cake looks so good. and it's pretty much the same - yummy cake and a great dinner are my main requirements. have an awesome birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooa Birthday week sounds pretty fantastic!! I cant wait about all the yummy things you make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday week to you!Happy Birthday week to you!Happy Birthday week to Sherri! Happy Birthday week to you!

    Hope you have an awesome birthday! My family has week long birthdays too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you celebrate your birthday all week long, I try to stretch mine out for as long as I can. And addition to celebrating with lots of my favorite foods and desserts, I also celebrate with new clothes or shoes or something. I love having a fabulous new outfit to wear on my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, you need to stop posting pictures of delicious food that is making me hungry!! LOL :) I hope you have a great time celebrating all week!! I like to eat, so celebrating my birthday with free food is always a great thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. EEEE I love birthday weeks/months! I just wrote you a huge long comment, but it didn't work (I got an error, sad face)! What day is your ACTUAL birthday? And email me your address, please? I want to snail mail you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Week! Sounds like you are going to be having a blast. Hopefully you will post some of the recipes because the ones that you do post always sound so good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. these cakes look amazing!

    happy birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooo, love all those birthday deals!! i love to indulge in desserts for my bday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! Love that you have deemed the week that holds your birthday, your "week" ... that is awesome and a well deserved 7 days of celebration!

    What a great round up of birthday "deals" ... happy shopping {and dinning!}.

    Oh, and, most importantly ... Happy Birthday Week to you! {you know you should really change the words to the happy birthday song and add in "week" for good measure ;)}

    ♥ Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Week to you! A Week sounds fabulous ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday week. I think you should bake one of those fabulous looking cakes you have pictured here (or make someone else bake it for you!) Food is always how I celebrate too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. fun post! i love all the different cakes! have a great birthday week! also thanks for posting all those links just in time for my birthday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those cakes are all so pretty!

    Happy Birthday Week!

    http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday Week!! I love that you're celebrating all week. And those birthday deals are so great!! I love collecting all my birthday freebies too!

    xoxo, chrissy
    The Perfect Palette

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, happy birthday! I love that you celebrate all week - awesome idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thats so cute you have such a busy birthday week planned out! Happy almost birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well happy birthday week my dear! Excited for you!
    And you are naming off some of my faves! Coldstone....to die for.
    Hope it is a special week! <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. totally agree I love to stay in for my birthday!!! & dessert is obviously the most important part!!

    xo Jackie
    http://livingaftermidnite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. hahaha wow girl!! enjoy all those offers and...

    HAVE FUN!

    happy anticipated birthday<3

    xx
    http://www.trend-ish.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. You crack me up! I'm going to join all of those sites--thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh I never knew Coldstone had a bday deal - yum!! Hope you're enjoying your birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These cake images speak to my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for all the birthday freebies and the cakes are beautiful...but now I am craving cake when I should be thinking about dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yay for your bday week! I always try to get as many free things on my birthday too! Last time, I got a free meal at Ihop which was really yummy. And the Rita's ice. Next year, I want to try to go for more. Cheers to birthday freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Birthday Week!

    I never knew you could get so many free things from different companies on your birthday! I will totally have to take advantage of that next year!

    ReplyDelete