Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Banana Macadamia Muffins

So here it is: a muffin with bananas, coconut, pineapple, AND macadamia nuts. Say whaat?!  They're pretty much screaming aloha as they come out of the oven.  All of the different flavors blended so well together and made for delicious, moist muffins.  Enjoy!


Banana Macadamia Muffins
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.  In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil, and vanilla.  Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, just until moistened.  The batter with seem very stiff.  Fold in the mashed bananas, the coconut, and the pineapple.  Combine well to ensure the fruit is evenly distributed throughout the batter.

Fill greased or paper-lined muffin tins two-thirds full.  Sprinkle with macadamia nuts.  Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in pans before removing to wire racks.

source:  recipe from Simple & Delicious, June/July 2011

7 comments:

  1. Oh, wow...these are like a hummingbird cake in muffin form...how yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had breakfast yet...I could so use that muffin right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha love the description. These look amazing! I'll have to try them out :]

    xx sharon / lemonontherocks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh my goodness, definitely need to try these. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All my fruit in one muffin! Perfect! These sound soo yummy...I want one right now to have with my coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word! I love your recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I love everything with bananas and I cant wait to try those. Hugs and kisses, darling

    Ps: I’m hosting a great summer GIVEAWAY today! Don’t miss it:)

    ReplyDelete