Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bookshelf Love

I've always had this thing for bookshelves.  It may stem from my thing for books.  But I especially love built-in bookshelves, or floor to ceiling bookshelves.  It is my dream for us to own a home one day with a ridiculously awesome library, complete with a ladder and all.  But if that doesn't happen, I hope we have built-in bookshelves somewhere in the house.  Here are some for inspiration:

via a cup of jo

via trish lawrence

via trish lawrence

via trish lawrence

via eva designs

via loving living small

via delight by design

via delight by design

What home inspiration are you finding these days?

10 comments:

  1. these are awesome! i will be sad to leave my built-in bookshelf from this house. i also had an awesome one growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! I LOVE the third picture! These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved each one more than the next. Those are some GORGEOUS book shelves. Sometimes I get overwhelmed because we have so many and our shelves fill up quickly, but they are SO beautiful. They make every room look better. I hope your dreams come true one day and you get your ladder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the set-up of the second one.... So bright and cheery. I could read in a room like that ALL day.

    ~Ariel at http://adreamersdaze.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! love, LOVE, LOVE!!! I too have always wanted floor to ceiling bookshelves with a rolling ladder, like in Beauty and the Beast lol. Another thing I've always wanted is a comfy chair next to my tall bookshelf in my bedroom, and I just might have room to do it in my new apartment! Now just to find the right chair...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love bookshelves too! have you seen that wallpaper that looks like a giant bookshelf? you should google it! it's pretty cool, and looks almost real! :)

    cute blog, by the way!

    XO,
    SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

    http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog
    Great style and vibe.

    Please check mine out and if you like it follow, id really appreciate the support!

    http://clothesovercarbs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have much love for bookshelves too! So organized, yet artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love bookshelves! Those are inspiring photos :)

    xoxo
    Christine
    www.aquietdetermination.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wall to wall books sounds amazing! I have a few built in bookshelf's in my basement. I don't usually read the books off them, but I love the way they look! I love books! :D

    ReplyDelete