Friday, March 25, 2011

One Year After Yes

A year ago tonight, Caleb asked me to marry him.  That was one the best days of my life, trumped only by our wedding day.  I was so happy that we finally told each other that we loved each other.  I also remember this overwhelming feeling of relief.  We had been talking about getting married for several months, so it was nice to be able to let everyone else know we were planning on spending our lives together.  Caleb hadn't told anyone he was planning to propose that night (which was definitely how I wanted it - I didn't want to be the last one to know I was getting engaged!), and it was so fun announcing it to our family and friends throughout that weekend.  I am very hard to surprise, but Caleb totally surprised me with the timing of his proposal.  I had no clue he had already talked to my dad, because he was sneaky about it and came into town one night during the week.  We had only looked at rings for the first time the weekend before, so I didn't think he would buy one so quickly.  I think he had the ring for a total of an hour before it was on my finger!  Everything about the proposal was so perfect!  And Caleb proposed with the ring I've wanted my entire life.  It was a perfect night.  One year later, we are seven months into our marriage.  We have gotten to know each other even better, we have grown to love each other more, and I am very excited to see where we are in another year.  Here are just a couple of our engagement pictures:





Source:  all images by Colling Photography

8 comments:

  1. vous êtes beaux tous les deux, et vos photos sont très jolies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the pictures as much today as the first time you showed them to us. Thank you for sharing the story of your engagement as well as your first seven months together. As the saying goes"Ain't love grand!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. You clearly love him so much. I am glad you have love and happiness! Such a beautiful thing : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. i remember waking up and seeing a text from you the next morning! yay!! i couldn't have been happier for you and caleb and i'm still excited for you both! 7 months wow! can't wait to continue our friendship as MARRIED couples now:) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri this was so cute! I can't believe that was a year ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post :) Caleb couldn't have picked a better girl to marry! I'm so thankful to be able to call you my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when you came to my door that night, and I knew right away why you were there! Such a special memory. And the pictures (and in person)... I love it when you're both smiling really big at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a nice engagement! Wish you all the best annd tons of love!!!

    ReplyDelete