Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Fun Surprise

Today as I was making my morning coffee, the doorbell rang.  And, like every other time I'm not expecting anyone, it really startled me.  But then I looked out the window and noticed the mail truck was in front of our house.  Realizing it was just Ken (yes, I know our mailman's name), I headed to the front door and tried to think if I had done any online shopping recently.  Nothing was coming to mind, so when Ken handed me a priority mail box, I was super excited to have a surprise!  I love getting mail, but getting a package ranks above all else in the hierarchy of USPS deliveries.  I saw that it was from Mrs. Raybuck, the mother of my dear friend Ashley who got married last weekend (check out their wedding pictures here!).  As I was opening it I was trying to remember if I had left something at their house or at the church in the busyness of the wedding weekend.  What I saw when I opened the package was this:


Yes!!  Those are the most adorable egg cups you've ever seen!!  Mrs. Raybuck remembered that I wanted egg cups, saw these cute ones, and couldn't resist them for me!  These are so happy and springy, and way cuter than any of the ones I had seen!  I love them!


I am so excited to have my own set of egg cups.  



Family, friends, potential future guests:  you now are welcome to ask for a boiled egg for breakfast.  I will be more than happy to oblige.  And even if you don't want one, I might put these on the breakfast table anyway...

Thank you so much, Mrs. Raybuck!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I LOVE these!! I wish I had some this cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! What a great surprise. And thanks for the backdoor shout out ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I've never seen egg cups like that. Love them!

    Thanks for entering my giveaway. I thought I'd stop by your blog too. Newest follower!!!

    Rope Bracelet GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW FUN!!!! :) There is a really cute idea for a fun use of egg cups in April's edition of Better Homes and Gardens. I was just reading it last night and thinking, man, I wish I had some egg cups so I could do this. But you totally could now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't help but smile reading this post! How fun to get an unknown package in the mail! :) and Mrs. Raybuck is such a sweet lady. I thoroughly enjoy talking to her every time I run into her at church. What a thoughtful, creative gift idea...just for you! :)

    ReplyDelete