Friday, June 10, 2016

Blueberry & Mint Lemonade


In the summertime one of my favorite treats is homemade lemonade. I love making variations with different fruits and herbs. Most recently I whipped up this blueberry & mint lemonade. It is so refreshing, and I loved the subtle aftertaste of the mint. This weekend we're supposed to get temps up to 99 degrees, so you'd better believe you can find me with a glass of this in my hand. Happy weekend!

Blueberry & Mint Lemonade
2 cups fresh blueberries (frozen will also work)
1 cup mint leaves, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
1 cup granulated sugar
4-5 cups filtered water

In a blender add blueberries, mint, lemon juice, and granulated sugar. Blend until smooth and deep purple. The mixture will look a bit like a smoothie.

Pour mixture into a fine mesh strainer placed over a medium bowl. Use a spatula to press the liquid through the strainer leaving the blueberry pulp and fresh mint in the strainer. Discard the pulp. Pour the blueberry, mint, lemon juice into a pitcher and add water. Taste and add more water or sugar according to your taste. Serve chilled. Makes 2 quarts.

source: recipe from joy the baker

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I love making your freckled lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy Blueberry & Mint Lemonade juice you have made. It has watered my mouth literally. Thank you for sharing the best summer juice recipe with us.

    ReplyDelete