Monday, May 2, 2016

Target Beauty Box // 2



I really enjoyed trying the products from March's Target Beauty Box, so I ordered the April box as well! Here's what was inside: 

Laneige Water Bank Soothing Mask // If you follow me on Snapchat, you saw that I tried this mask out last night, and I really loved it! It's a hydrogel mask, so it stuck to my face really nicely and was immediately cooling. After wearing it for 30 minutes, my face felt so hydrated. My face tends to be really dry, so I have to apply moisturizer each time I cleanse my face. I found that after this mask I didn't need any moisturizer before bed, which was a first for me! This would be great if you (like me) have to wear moisturizer every night, but in the summer it tends to feel really heavy on your skin. This would be  a great mask to do once or twice a week so that you can skip your nighttime moisturizer. 

Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation // I'm not a liquid foundation girl (I use powder foundation exclusively), but I have been wanting to try this foundation since it's a drugstore foundation that Kate of The Small Things Blog thinks is pretty good! I got the shade Classic Ivory, which I think is a pretty good match for me (I also tried Warm Porcelain which was absolutely horrifying). As far as a liquid foundation, I thought this blended in really well (I use this brush). It was pretty full coverage, and if I was interested in getting a liquid foundation for more a flawless look, at $8.99 I would definitely purchase this. 

Pantene AIRspray Hair Spray // This was nothing special. A lot of product sprays out at one time, which made my hair feel a little crunchy. When I do use hair spray, I like a lighter hold so that my hair doesn't feel weighed down, and this hair spray was not that. I wouldn't recommend.

Marlowe No. 022 Body Butter // I absolutely love this stuff! It has a nice, subtle but very pleasant scent, and it is very moisturizing without being sticky at all. This is something that I will definitely be buying when I run out! It is hands down my favorite thing in this box.

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes // I've used these wipes before, and I love them! I prefer to use a wipe when I take my makeup off at night, and I like that these are really gentle on my skin. I was really glad to get a pack of these in the box!

CeraVe Healing Ointment // This kind of reminded me of Aquaphor, but maybe a bit thicker. It's to put on dry, cracked, or chafed skin to provide healing and moisture. I didn't have any skin areas that really needed it, so I put it on the rough parts of my feet. It felt a little slippery to me, and I honestly didn't notice any difference. I think my callouses are in need of something a little more than ointment! That being said, this would probably be nice to have on hand in your medicine cabinet, especially in the winter months. 

Covergirl Colorlicious Lipstick // I was really excited to try this, since I've been on the search for a flattering lipstick. This particular one was not my favorite. The formula reminded me of all of the lipsticks that I've tried and hated: it bled outside my lips, felt kind of waxy going on, and took a lot of scrubbing to get the stain off my lips. I also didn't like the color at all (you can see it on me here). I will say that I was glad it was included in the box because I've already been trying different lipsticks, it just wasn't a winner for me.

Hawaiian Tropic Island Sport SPF 30 Lotion // I rubbed a little bit of this on my hand to try it out. I liked the scent and it wasn't too greasy feeling, so I will probably be using this on my legs and stomach this summer. Like I said last month, I prefer something a little gentler for my face/neck/chest, but I wouldn't mind using this for my not-so-sensitive skin. 

I thought this was a good box! I loved the Marlowe No. 022 Body ButterSimple Cleansing Facial Wipes, and Laneige Water Bank Soothing Mask, and I was really glad I was able to try Covergirl Colorlicious Lipstick and Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation. I could do without the others but will definitely use the Hawaiian Tropic Island Sport SPF 30 Lotion.

May's Target Beauty Box just went on sale today. You can order it HERE. These do tend to sell out within a couple of hours, so hurry up and order it if you're interested!

2 comments:

  1. One thought - if you're not usually a fan of liquid foundation, maybe primer would help... Arbonne's is amazing ;) It just helps the foundation spread on smoothly and sink into your skin so it doesn't look like there's something ON your face. Have you tried Arbonne's foundation ever?? I wonder if you'd like it.

    About the mask on Snapchat - sooo funny that Caleb commented you have something on your face.... lol, guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried Arbonne's foundation! That makes sense about the primer - I HATE the feeling of liquid foundation on my skin! But I also don't like the idea of having to apply primer + foundation... I love how quick and easy powder is!

      Delete