Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Do or don't: False Eyelashes


Have you ever worn false eyelashes? I never had until The Big Fake Wedding a couple of months ago. I was excited that the makeup artist wanted to put them on, because I knew it was something I would never attempt on my own. I have to say that I loved how they looked - I mean, look at how long and perfectly even those lashes are (after 12+ hours of wear!)! What I didn't love was the process of her applying them. I kept wanting to blink at the wrong times, and it felt so weird to have something resting on my eyelid/lash area. I did eventually get used to the feeling, which was good because it was a long day! I was nervous to take them off, because I was afraid of ripping off my own lashes! It took a good 5 minutes of gently scrubbing with my makeup remover wipe before the lashes started to peel away.

My take: yes, I loved how they looked, and it was fun for something different! However, I can't imagine that I will have too many opportunities in my daily life where I need to have really killer eyelashes. I don't think it's worth all of the fuss of the application and removal.

What do you think? Are false lashes a part of your makeup routine? Do you apply them yourself?

1 comment:

  1. Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you. best eyelashes uk

    ReplyDelete