Wednesday, April 27, 2016

On finding a flattering lipstick // part 2

I'm back today with part 2 of finding a flattering lipstick. The first go-round I focused on lipsticks you can find at Sephora or higher-end beauty/department stores. Today I'm sharing a few drugstore lipsticks I tried.


Almay Smart Shade Butter Kiss Lipstick in Pink Light // I really loved this one. It goes on SO nicely and is really moisturizing. It didn't feel like a traditional lipstick at all, but it gave my lips a nice pink color to brighten them up a little. This is a perfect everyday lip color that won't stain your lips or feel like you're wearing any lipstick at all.


Burt's Bees Lipstick in Fuschia Flood // This was a tad too bright for me. I did like the formula and it went on nicely, but it was just a little too bright for my taste. It's definitely worth trying several shades of this lipstick, though!

CoverGirl Colorlicious Lipstick in Divine Wine// This was my least favorite by far! Ugh - SO bright and it accentuates how big my lips are just a tad too much for my liking. This was included in my Target Beauty Box, which is the only reason I tried this lipstick. I found that it bled past my lip line easily, and it felt pretty waxy. In other words, it's a cheap drugstore lipstick. Not a fan!

I think my lipstick search has come to a temporary halt. I have five different ones that I really like, and I'm pleased to say that I've gotten to the point where I enjoy wearing lipstick!

P.S. A tip for finding the right drugstore lipstick: CVS has a 100% money-back guarantee on beauty products - even if they're opened!

7 comments:

  1. I just ordered some of your favorite color in this round-up! Thanks for figuring out which one is best. I'm hopeful that it will look okay on me, but since we are sisters I'm thinking it might be great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - it's going to look great! I'm glad you ordered some! I think it feels so nice, and a pretty color, too!

      Delete
  2. Baton always changes according to the tone of the skin ... but I will want one that enhances be like this ... diversify rejovenece the soul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good text. Thank you for the informations

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have bookmarked your blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses. revlon bold lacquer waterproof mascara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep up the good work; I read few posts on this website, including I consider that your blog is fascinating and has sets of the fantastic piece of information. Thanks for your valuable efforts. ABesstPro

    ReplyDelete