Thursday, September 24, 2015

Reading, Currently


Right now I'm working my way through this devotional. When this book came out in the spring, I kept it in the back of my mind to purchase once Madeleine was born. When I saw that it was available to review through Blogging for Books, I jumped at the chance to snatch it up! I previously read one of Melissa Kruger's books and really enjoyed it, so I had high hopes for this one. I have not been disappointed at all! It's an 11-week devotional, and I really like that the Scripture for each day is included in the book. The questions in the study are excellent and really thought-provoking; I've learned a lot, and they've sparked a number of good conversations between Caleb and me as we start this journey of parenting. I'm working through this study on my own, but there are also questions in the back should you want to do the book study as a group. I highly recommend this book to any mother, no matter how old your children are! I can imagine that in several years, when I'm at a very different place in motherhood, I would want to go through the book again, as I'm sure there would be new insights and lessons. If you end up reading this or have already read it, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Disclosure: I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review. The review and opinions are 100% my own.

1 comment:

  1. I used this study over the summer and loved it so much! It was convicting, easily applicable, truth-filled, and I should probably read through it again. I loved how she points to truth over and over, not giving pat answers for parenting issues, but pointing to God's Word and His strength to enable us to live for Him, motherhood being one of those ways.

    ReplyDelete