Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Shoe Storage

My shoes are taking over my closet. I'm not saying that's a bad problem--I love shoes; it's just they're everywhere and I need to corral them somehow. I was perusing the ol' internet and pinterest to get some new shoe storage ideas, and here are a few I came across. 

1. Wide shelves. This is perfect if you have an empty wall in your closet, 
or if you have room for a short but wider bookcase.
via

2. Shoe Ottoman. This is the most brilliant thing ever: it's stylish 
and functional! It doesn't hold very many pairs of shoes though.
via

3. Floor-to-ceiling bookcases. This would be a dream! It would be nice to step back and 
see all of your shoes at once, too, so you could really see what you have to work with.
via

4. Lazy Susan Shoe Rack. This cracks me up, but it totally makes sense! This would
be perfect if you had a corner in your closet or bedroom to put this in.
via

5. Shoe Wheel. I would never use this, but it is a compact way to hold 
a good number of shoes. The things people come up with! 
via

6. Shoe Museum. This is my absolute favorite. I don't own enough glamorous shoes 
to show them off, but if you do, please create a shoe museum. My friend 
Colleen totally did this, and I'm super jealous.
via

9 comments:

  1. I love so many of these ideas. I too have the same problem, which I would not say is not a bad one to have.
    How cute is the ottoman:)

    www.andrealeighking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A shoe museum....yes you are speaking my language! Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate! My closet is the kind that has two panels that slide back and forth, so you can never see into both sides at once. I have shoes on both sides, so some mornings there is lots of sliding back and forth. In a dream world I would have a huge walk-in closet with an ottoman and shoe museum - I love that idea. And in a more realistic world, I like the first photo. It's simple and uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Note to self...buy more shoes. These pictures put my shoe collection to shame! That ottoman and shoe wheel crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the ottoman idea a lot. Keeps the house looking a little more clutter-free!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shoes are the hardest things to store. Great organizational tips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The floor to ceiling bookshelf! Augh! That would be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. woo wooo!!!! one of the few home things i've followed through on and boy do i love it. i think the wide shelves/book case/built in shelves would be amazing - and such an innovative way to showcase shoes, because you can do it outside of your closet, i.e. you can utilize the space you already have. if you do something show us all what you choose! although i'm sure you have have some amazing shoes to make a shoe museum ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are not the average blog author, man. You definitely have something important to add to the net. Such a special blog. I’ll be back for more.
    Storage in Mitchell

    ReplyDelete