Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Our Beach Vacation

We arrived home on Sunday after a week at the beach with my family.  It was such a great vacation!  We had beautiful weather and it could not have been a more relaxing week.  The house my parents rented was right on the beach, so I spent the entire week bouncing from the beach to our pool to our hot tub.  I didn't wear shoes once and I came home with hardly any laundry because I lived in a swimsuit.  A perfect vacation!  It was so great to spend some extended time with my family, and a week at the beach was the perfect goodbye to summer.  Some of my favorite parts of the week...

*walks on the beach with my husband
*celebrating our nephew's 1st birthday
*talking by the pool with my sisters and mom
*sandy little hands reaching up for my hand at the edge of the ocean
*snuggling with my 4-month old nephew
*watching our nieces swim around the pool on their own (they're getting so big!)
*crab stomping our last night there
*my oldest niece wanting me to fix her hair like mine and put on my makeup
*celebrating our 2nd anniversary
*getting to talk with my parents each night when everyone else was busy putting their kids to bed













13 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful trip!!! I can't believe how much older Judah looks, and the picture of your dad (I think) holding Mason is priceless! It needs to be framed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time...glad you were able to sneak away for a bit and enjoy time with your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww love the photos and so glad you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound like the perfect vacation! Love that last picture of you and Caleb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the family picture! it's so good! it's so fun that you have so many nieces and nephews to entertain you, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are so great! Glad you had such a good vacation. I would LOVE to stay in an oceanfront house again one day. My family did it a couple years and it was so so nice. Also, aren't nieces and nephews the most fun ever??

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on your 2 years!! what a great time to spend with your family and that little girl in the black shirt her dimples are darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow this sounds like the perfect vacation. you know if you're living in a bathing suit you're doing it right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty pictures!

    www.fashioncontainer.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so great! I love the big family picture! I am so glad you had so much fun. love you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beach vacation! So what I need right now! Baby's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You (and the family!) are so cute :) We didn't take our beach trip this year and I really missed it. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you had a great vacation - it looks and sounds like a fun, wonderful time together. I'm slightly jealous and wishing I could get my family together for a beach vacation like that. I love your pictures, especially the one where Mason is laughing ... that makes me melt!! :) The beach pictures are so beautiful ... sigh ... :)

    ReplyDelete