Friday, May 18, 2012

Our Bedroom: Painted!

As I mentioned the other day, we are finally done painting our bedroom!  Our bedroom furniture and all of our clothes have been scattered throughout the rest of the house since we moved in, so it was our goal to paint our bedroom and bathroom first.

We really didn't like the goldish yellow color they had going on, and the ceiling, doors, and trim were a creamish/yellow too - which definitely had to go.  When I first looked at paint swatches, I immediately liked one specific shade of grey.  I didn't tell Caleb which was my favorite, but held up a bunch of them for him to pick one - he picked the same one I liked!  Following the advice of this post, we painted a sample on the wall and I still loved it.  We used a shade darker in the bathroom - I am SO happy with how both rooms turned out!  I love the clean, fresh look of it - it's exactly how I imagined it!  Thank you so much Caleb for doing most of the work! :)

BEFORE

AFTER

16 comments:

  1. You two make me smile :). I love that you are having fun setting up your home together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love it! I always love gray walls but don't have any. Maybe in my next house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color!! great choice! Can't wait to see things come together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new color is perfect! Soothing and not too obnoxious (like the gold ha) I love it. Have a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE IT!!! That old color is slightly terrifying to be honest. And it reminds me of my parents' basement before they refinished and painted it white lol. Hope you're enjoying home-ownership and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so much better! We have grey walls in a few of our rooms too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the paint made such a huge difference! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice! The room looks so much lighter and airier now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes the color you painted is WAY better. i love it =)

    - Sarah
    agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooo i like that! how much fun to own your own place...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah love that calming color of grey. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the gray!! What a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. *love* the grey! we match! Hope all is going well with you...congrats on the new job, move, and everything else going on in your life!

    chandra
    astylishlittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the new color!! i hate painting want to come over and paint our living room? i can reward you with lots of homemade goodies :-)

    ReplyDelete