Wednesday, October 19, 2011

DIY Halloween Chocolate Covered Pretzels


I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of Halloween treats.  You know, the kind with fake blood and fingers and spiders. I don't like blood or spiders or dismembered fingers anyway, so I certainly don't want to put fake ones near or into my mouth.  But treats that are orange and black?  I can handle that.


What you need to make your own chocolate covered pretzels:

pretzels
Wilton candy melts (I got mine at Michaels)
sprinkles
parchment paper

Place candy melts in bowls and follow the melting instructions on the back of the packages.  Line rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.  Use two forks to dip each pretzel into the melted chocolate, tapping the forks against the edge of the bowl to drip off excess chocolate.  Place pretzels on parchment paper and add sprinkles immediately.  To add stripes to your pretzels, fill a Ziploc bag with the melted candies, cut a tiny corner off of the bag, and add the stripes immediately after placing the dipped pretzel onto the parchment paper.  Once your baking sheet is full of finished pretzels, place in fridge to allow chocolate to harden all the way. 


P.S.  If you're like me and only eat pretzels with chocolate, try making these M&M Pretzel treats!

27 comments:

  1. You've got a great point....who wants to east nasty bugs?! Halloween is not an episode of Survivor! lol I love these pretzels. Girl I have to say, you never stop amazing me with all of your amazin posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I think you have made Halloween treats just a little bit more cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like we could have had so much fun making these together. Womp womp. But they do look fantastically delicious! Happy hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, that is true...putting a fake spider in your mouth is a little unsettling! These are so cute and festive too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are SO cute!! i saw some similar to this on pinterest and have been wanting to make them ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want one of these Halloweeny pretzels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the salty sweet combo and am a fan of chocolate covered pretzels so this is right up my alley!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look amazingly delicious!! I see you LOVE to mix sweet and salty! I do too!!

    Happy Wednesday,
    Simplycamylla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So festive, and happen to be a favorite snack. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! These look amazing!!! Halloween isnt big over here, but I realllly want to try (and eat) these anyway! Thanks for sharing xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM! What a great, festive idea! These would be cute to bag up and hand out to the kiddies on Halloween night too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm also a fan of Halloween treats! i LOVE these: http://www.toplessrobot.com/candycorn.jpg

    those pretzels look yummie :)

    xx
    teresa
    www.trend-ish.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going to a Halloween party this weekend so this is perfect!!! Thanks!

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! What an adorable idea for the season. It's super festive and delicious, I'm sure.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are adorable! Chocolate covered pretzels are one of my favorite treats! Something about salty and sweet things combined is just mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
  16. very cute! I might have to make these for the kids Halloween party I am throwing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These turned out so well! Now I'm craving a salty/sweet combo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum! I love missing pretzels with chocolate! It is one of the best combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. these look great! i'm with ya on the dismembered finger thing. yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww girl! Chocolate covered pretzals are my weakness! Love the mix of sweet and salty. These look terrific and pretty pics.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not a huge pretzel fan but the fact that they are covered in chocolate makes me want to eat some! They look pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are SO adorable!! Wow I'm impressed. And I hear ya on the creepy Halloween things- there will be no fake spiders anywhere in my house or on my food!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are so festive! They would be great for a Halloween Party!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those looks so fun! Bright and halloweenish!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay for chocolate and pretzel combos!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, these look so incredibly delicious. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete