Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Decorative To-Do List

Yesterday in Real Simple I saw an idea for a decorative alternative to a dry erase board.  This is exactly what I need in the kitchen!  It's perfect to write down errands I need to run, things I run out of in the kitchen but never remember by the time I make a grocery list, and chores I need to finish around the house.  When we were out shopping last night, I picked up a simple black frame from Target and some pretty fabric from JoAnn's.  The result:


It has the functionality of a dry erase board without the tacky factor.  And I have enough fabric leftover that I will probably make another one to hang near my desk in the office.  The simplicity and practicality of it is what makes it so great.

1 comment:

  1. That is very cute; I love it! I'm impressed that you made a trip to JoAnn's.....I think you'll be a seamstress one day....

    ReplyDelete