Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Target Beauty Box



I ordered my first Target beauty box at the end of last month. While it's not an official subscription as you can only order one box at a time, Target comes out with a beauty box each month full of products to sample. It's available online only, and they typically sell out in a day or two. You can see which products will be included, which I really like. And, like I mentioned, it's not a subscription so you're not locked in at all. The box was only $5, which included samples that were worth $17. Here's what I got:

Laneige Water Sleeping Mask // I prefer using masks that I can leave on and let soak in, so this was one of my favorite products in the box. My face was so smooth and hydrated in the morning after letting this sit on my face all night. 

Not Your Mother's Texturizing Sea Salt Spray // I've been using this before I curl my hair to give it a little texture and help hold the curl, and I really like it! If I'm planning on air drying my hair, I've also sprayed it in while my hair is still damp to give my hair a little more movement and wave. This is a product I plan to continue using!

you are AMAZING Juicy Grapefruit Body Lotion // The scent of this lotion was a little too fruity for me. BUT, I really liked the formula; it wasn't sticky, it was really moisturizing, and it was long-lasting. So I liked being introduced to the brand and I will definitely look at other lotions and body washes from this same line, just in a different scent!

Hair Food Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner // I hated both of these! The smell was so strong- it honestly turned my stomach. There was enough leftover of each product for at least one more use, but I couldn't handle the smell so I threw them both away. When I got out of the shower, I used a ton of leave-in product to try to mask the scent. Two thumbs down!

Banana Boat Sun Comfort SPF 30 Lotion // I haven't tried this particular product, but I'm pretty familiar with this brand. I prefer to use a sunscreen that's a little gentler on my skin, but I'm sure Caleb will end up using this one this summer, so it's nice to have!

Caress Adore Forever Body Wash // I was pretty neutral about this. The scent is initially a little strong, almost a musk-y scent, but I couldn't smell it on my skin afterwards. I highly doubt I will ever buy a Caress body wash in the future, but I didn't mind using up this sample. 

nügg Anti-Aging Face Mask // I've been curious about these face masks, so I was really glad to be able to try one! The one I received in the box was an anti-aging mask, which I could use as I've seen some fine lines pop up around my eyes. I don't think I could say I've seen any immediate results, but I liked how the mask felt, and there was enough product in the tub for at least two uses. I will be definitely be trying some of the other types of masks from this brand, too!

SinfulColors Professional Nail Color // I rarely try new brands of nail color; I'm pretty loyal to essieOPI, and Formula X. That being said, I was surprised did like this nail polish. I'm a believer in a quality top coat, which can make up for any possible deficiencies in a cheaper nail color, but I also found that this nail color went on pretty well. It's a good option if you want new colors for really cheap ($2).

Overall, I say that this was totally worth the $5. I only disliked one product, was neutral about 3 products, and liked 4 products. I really liked being introduced to a few new brands that I would continue to use, so that in itself was worth it to me. It's fun to get a box of random beauty samples, and even though it's not high-end products like you would get with Birchbox, there are more products included. 

If you're interested in trying the next Target beauty box, you can check here to see when it's available. They typically are available the last day of the month or the first day of the month, so check here tomorrow and Friday! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, who knew Target did a box! I would love to get a box from them for random house products or food or something like that. I love the sea salt spray - it smells SO good! I've been pleased with SinfulColors nail polish too.

    ReplyDelete