Monday, March 28, 2016

Brown Sugar-Brined Chicken


Have you ever brined chicken or turkey? I never had until I came across this recipe last summer. It makes the most delicious and moist chicken, and I love having a bunch of grilled chicken on hand to make a variety of dinners. I brined this chicken a couple of weeks ago, and then Caleb grilled it all for me. On the first night we had just the grilled chicken breasts with roasted broccoli and baked sweet potatoes. Then I made this Greek yogurt chicken salad for another meal, and we also used some of the chicken for grilled chicken fajitas. It makes meal planning really easy! This recipe is going to be on a pretty regular rotation throughout the spring and summer since the possibilities are endless!

Brown Sugar-Brined Chicken
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp dried crushed red pepper
4 (4-inch) rosemary sprigs
4 garlic cloves, crushed
8-12 skinned and boned chicken breasts

Stir together first 6 ingredients and 2 quarts of water in a large stockpot. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until salt and sugar dissolve. Remove from heat and cool 1 hour. Place chicken breasts in brine; cover and chill 1-2 hours.

Heat grill to 350 - 400 degrees (medium-high) heat. Drain chicken, discarding brine. Pat chicken dry with paper towels, and sprinkle with desired amount of black pepper. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 5-7 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from grill. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

source: recipe from Southern Living, June 2015

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful recipe.I am very interesting in cooking.I always like to try these kind of recipes.Your presentation is also good.I will suggest this recipe to my friends.Thank you so much for sharing this variety recipe.

    ReplyDelete