Monday, June 22, 2015

Milton Milkshake


You've probably never heard of a Milton milkshake, because as far as I know they only exist in my tiny hometown that I (affectionately) refer to as Lynchvegas. There's a local coffeeshop that has been around as long as I can remember that makes this delicious coffee milkshake. It's typical for me to crave this milkshake on any random day, but during my pregnancy the craving was so strong I had to do something about it. I played around with the ingredients, and below is what I consider to be an almost perfect replica of the real thing.

Milton Milkshake
4 oz brewed coffee, chilled
3-4 scoops vanilla ice cream
1 Tbsp hazelnut coffee syrup (I used Torani) 
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
whipped cream

Combine the coffee, ice cream, hazelnut syrup, and cinnamon in a blender. Blend until well combined. Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream and additional cinnamon.

2 comments:

  1. These are the BEST milkshakes! I'm glad we now have a way to create them at home. Have you made one since Madeleine was born??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had to make one yesterday after she and I ran errands in the 90+ degree weather and I was SO hot I had to have something to cool me off! Ice water would probably have been a healthier choice.

      Delete