Monday, June 1, 2015

Banana Pudding Pie


I found out a few weeks ago that, to my surprise, Caleb had never tasted banana pudding until we moved to South Carolina! Now he loves the stuff, and I happily oblige to making it/eating it whenever we have the chance. Last summer I made banana pudding parfaits, which were a big hit with company. Most recently I made a banana pudding pie - still all of the critical components of banana pudding, but combined and poured into a pie crust. It was delicious, and I have to say a bit easier than layering banana pudding into a trifle dish or parfait dishes. A perfect Southern, summer dessert!

Banana Pudding Pie
1 9-inch pie crust, prepped, baked, and cooled
2 cups chopped Nilla wafers
2 bananas
1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip, thawed and divided
1 1/2 cups milk
1 (5.1 oz) box instant vanilla pudding
juice from one lemon
caramel sauce for drizzling

Slice the bananas into thin slices and then toss with the lemon juice. This will prevent the bananas from turning brown as fast as they normally would.

Whisk together the milk and pudding mix. Fold in half of the Cool Whip. Mix in half of the Nilla wafers, and then the sliced bananas. Scrape into the cooled crust. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or until set.

Top with the remaining Cool Whip. Sprinkle with the remaining Nilla wafers and drizzle with the caramel sauce.

source: recipe from this gal cooks

2 comments:

  1. So funny that the day you posted this, we had friends over for our going away party, and I had my friend run out to the store to buy a few ingredients so I could make banana pudding and use my trifle dish one last time. Everything was just thrown it so it definitely was NOT picture perfect, and I forgot the bananas at first! Hahah oh the differences between us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made my mouth water!!! I've got to make this stat!

    ReplyDelete