Monday, August 25, 2014

Mocha Brownie Milkshakes



I confess that I am an ice cream addict. I would have no problem eating a bowl of ice cream every night (and some weeks, I do). I blame it on my parents and the ubiquitous half-gallon of Breyer's we had in the freezer growing up. And while I do love a good milkshake (looking at you, Cook-Out), rarely do I make them at home. So this weekend I threw together this mocha brownie milkshake to switch things up a bit. The brownies that I used were from an Immaculate Baking mix. Have you tried their products? Their new dry baking mixes have no trans fat and do not contain any artificial preservatives or high fructose corn syrup! Two thumbs up. You can find their new baking mixes in the baking aisle at Target.

Mocha Brownie Milkshake
1 pint vanilla ice cream
2 brownies, cut into small pieces (I used Immaculate Baking)
1/4 cup milk
3 Tbsp cold coffee
1-2 Tbsp chocolate syrup

Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth with tiny brownie pieces visible. Drizzle chocolate syrup on inside of a glass. Pour in milkshake and serve with whipped cream and crumbled brownie pieces. Makes 2 large or 3 small milkshakes.

source: recipe from bakerella


Disclosure: I received the information and prize pack from General Mills through Platefull Co-Op. All opinions are 100% my own.

3 comments:

  1. This looks SO yummy!! I remember when your mom bought us like FOUR half-gallons of ice cream - for four girls! hahaha. Those were the days... ;) PS Aaaah send me that gluten free mix!! I don't think they sell that one up here :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! And, yes, definitely blame it on the parents.

    ReplyDelete