Tuesday, August 19, 2014

How to add fiber to your diet (that tastes good!)

A couple of weeks ago, I had such terrible stomach pains. Caleb was out of town (of course) and I was on the couch crying, absolutely convinced I was going to die (or have an appendectomy or some other horrifying medical procedure). Thankfully, the intense pain subsided after a while and I was able to get in to my doctor's office the next day. My doctor did an exam and had x-rays done and concluded I had had a strong reaction to something I had eaten... resulting in violent spasms of my colon (hence the pain) and... other intestinal difficulties (I'm really not trying to get all TMI here, so sorry!). The funniest part was that I came home from work to a big package filled with the new Fiber One cookies to taste and review. The timing just made me laugh! I was pleasantly surprised to find the cookies actually tasted good! They are soft and chewy, and the double chocolate and chocolate chunk ones are my favorite. Thankfully, I am feeling MUCH better these days. We'll just never know if it was the medication, the spinach salads I was eating twice a day, or all of the Fiber One cookies. But if you're looking to add some more fiber to your diet, I suggest these cookies... they go down much easier than the alternative :) You can find them at Publix and here is a coupon.



Disclosure: The information and prize pack were provided to me by General Mills through Platefull Co-Op. All opinions are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment