Monday, June 24, 2013

Easy Summer Treat: Strawberry-Yogurt Popsicles


Since picking strawberries over Memorial Day weekend, I have been whipping up all kinds of strawberry treats in the kitchen: strawberry cheesecake ice creamstrawberry basil lemonade, several batches of strawberry jam, and also these popsicles. I always bake a good bit with the strawberries we pick, but this year the biggest difference has been having a strawberry huller! This little tool is seriously a miracle-worker: you just plunge it in the top of the berry to pull out the leaves and the hull all at once. It's much more efficient than digging around inside the strawberry with a paring knife, and you also don't lose the entire top one-third of the strawberry if you go the lazy route of just whacking it off with the knife (I've been guilty of this). This little tool has made cooking+baking with strawberries so much easier, and I don't know how I've gone the past few years of making jam without it! You can get yours here.



Now, for the popsicles: I hesitate to call this a recipe, because it's really not. I hulled and chopped a bunch of strawberries and then mashed them up with a potato masher. I then layered vanilla yogurt and the strawberries into the popsicle molds and froze them overnight. It's seriously the easiest thing, and it's so refreshing for a summer treat. Since you don't add sugar or anything to the strawberries, this is also a really good healthy snack for kids! They will feel like they are eating dessert because it's a) frozen and b) on a stick, but it's just fruit+yogurt :)

Disclosure: I received the OXO strawberry huller free from the OXO Blogger Outreach Program, but the above opinions are 100% my own. OXO is a brand I have always used and one that I really love.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! They look so so good! And super easy to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all these strawberry recipes - one of my favorite parts of summer, hands down.

    ReplyDelete