Monday, May 6, 2013

2013 Goal: Drink More Water

My seemingly constant goal is to drink more water. I don't enjoy the taste/lack of taste of water, but I know that I need to drink more of it. The best way for me to drink more water at home is to add lemon to it. Washing a lemon and dirtying a knife to cut a lemon wedge each time I wanted a glass of water got old fast. But, I found that if I make up a couple of bottles of lemon water, I drink SO much more water. In case any of you also struggle to drink enough water, here's what I do. (I also like having this lemon water on hand for when we have company. The bottles are pretty, too.)

1. You'll need two bottles (1 liter each), a mini funnel, a lemon, and a citrus juicer.

2. Cut the lemon in half and juice just one half.

3. Pour the lemon juice into one bottle, using the funnel.

4. Add water to the bottle to fill it up.

5. Repeat with the other lemon half and other bottle. Store bottles in fridge.

5 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I always promise myself to drink more water, but it's such a dull drink! Lemon probably makes it better - must try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. simple but genius. and most importantly a time saver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny. I do the exact same thing with the lemons. It just makes water so much more exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemons always make water better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea!!! I love these bottles too!

    ReplyDelete