Friday, May 24, 2013

2013 Goal: Donate My Hair


For as long as I can remember I've wanted to donate my hair. I always get tired of it when it starts getting of any significant length, but about 18 months ago I decided it was time. So, I made it one of my goals for 2013. I got it cut right before we went to the beach, and it feels SO good to have short, healthy hair for the summer. I cut off about 11 inches, and donated 8 of it to Children with Hair Loss, a non-profit that provides wigs for children with medically-related hair loss. I hope my long locks will make some little girl very happy!

6 comments:

  1. Inspirational! Congrats on achieving your goal; I know someone is going to appreciate it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! That cut is so cute on you, and it's awesome to know that your gorgeous blonde hair went to a child who has none! I've been itching to cut my hair lately and can't decide... you may have just inspired me to wait till it's long enough to donate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I saw the package on instagram and was waiting to see the reveal! Enjoy your new cut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Way to go you and love the new cut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats, that's a wonderful initiative! and the new cut looks great on you, so it's a win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i did this in college and loved it - can't believe how long your hair got! the new cut looks great.

    ReplyDelete