Monday, October 29, 2012

The Weekend

The weekends are always too short, don't you think?  We started off Friday with my parents rolling into town right before I got home from work.  We ate dinner and made apple pie and talked and ate apple pie, enjoying just being together.  Saturday morning we rose bright and early to go cheer Caleb on in the half marathon!  It was so fun to catch glimpses of him throughout the course and encourage him as he ran.  This was his first half marathon, and he finished in 1:37:04!  I am so incredibly proud of him:) He was worn out after the race so the afternoon was pretty low-key with a little shopping, a quick Starbucks run, and my parents' first rides in our little green MG.  Saturday night's dinner was a group effort and we were able to enjoy what might be the last of the eating-dinner-outside weather of the year.  We had a really good visit with my parents and are thankful for the time we were able to spend with them.  How did you spend your weekend?









7 comments:

  1. Dave and I keep talking about how impressed we are that Caleb ran that fast. I mean seriously, what athletes we have in our family ha. Glad you had fun with your parents. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's an amazing time for caleb - congrats to him! all of that food looks so good, especially the apple pie. and how cute is your mom in that last picture? sounds like a perfect fall weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all have the mot fun and it's so beautiful there!!! Do you have a spare room with my name on it in your new house? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, that pic of the apple pie getting made looks great. And congrats to Caleb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Caleb!! I can't believe how fast he ran! I'm glad your parents were able to go cheer him on too! I love the picture of your mom and Caleb in the MG...I can just hear her laughing! Looks like such a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep hearing about the awesome pork you made :) Can't wait for that recipe! Way to go Caleb! And someday I hope to also have a ride in your sweet car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!It's my goal to make an apple pie from scratch...any recipes you recommend?

    P.S.You look just like your mama!

    ReplyDelete