Monday, October 15, 2012

The Weekend

This past weekend was all about delicious food.  Caleb's parents were with us for the weekend, and we truly ate our way through the visit.  Friday night started with homemade Indian food and pecan pie bars (recipe coming soon!) on the back porch until it got too chilly to be outside any longer.  Saturday we headed downtown for our fall festival with the other 150,000 people expected to attend throughout the weekend.  Local restaurants set up tents and you just spend the day eating, people watching, and listening to the bands.  Some of the delicious food we consumed included shrimp & grits, pumpkin cheesecake, lobster mac & cheese, mini cupcakes (salted caramel & chocolate for me), Jack Daniels pecan pie, wings, and ribs.  The food was SO good.  Saturday night led us to our favorite local BBQ place, our favorite used bookstore, and then back home for some football.  It was a glorious weekend and sadly I probably have an extra pound to show for it.

How was your weekend?










5 comments:

  1. That pretty much sounds like the perfect fall weekend...we had Nolan's 2nd birthday party and went to a pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun festival! All of that food sounds like a dream... I recently had some pumpkin cheesecake and it reminded me of how good it is! I used to make it every year for Thanksgiving (in lieu of pumpkin pie) and I think I need to bring it back this year.

    Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Sounds like a fun weekend too. Can't wait for that pecan bar recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like my kind of weekend! Any event that involves trying lots of food and taste-testing makes me want more :) Glad you had fun and that Caleb's parents visiting was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh all of that food sounds so amazing!!! i can't wait for the pecan pie bar recipe. that picture of you and caleb is so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete