Monday, July 16, 2012

The Weekend

Happy Monday!  I'm not quite ready to head to work for a long and busy day so let's relive the weekend!  Last weekend started out Friday morning at Chick-fil-A for Cow Appreciation Day!  Some girlfriends from work and I dressed up and went for breakfast and lunch (I was on major carb-overload by mid-afternoon).  I felt like my attempt at cow ears were channeling a little more playboy bunny rather than cow, but we got our free meals :)  Did any other Chick-fil-A lovers participate?!

Friday night Caleb's parents got into town to visit us for the weekend!  They hadn't been to see our new house yet so it was really fun showing them around and knowing they can picture us in our home now.  Friday night we sat out on our porch just talking, and then Saturday morning we went to the farmers' market.  The rest of Saturday Caleb and his dad worked on a project out back while my mother-in-law and I baked, went shopping, and got pedicures.  Sunday we went to church and out to lunch before they had to hit the road.  We had a great time and really just love having people in our home!  Hope you had a good weekend!

{Happy Cow Appreciation Day!}

{pretty flowers for our front porch}

{blackberry & peach cobbler}

{beautiful gladioluses we picked up at the farmers' market}

{fresh pedis}

{thanks for visiting! we love you!}

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Caleb and his dad look SO MUCH alike, it's crazy! I can't believe it. And that cobbler looks extra tasty :) I bet it tasted as good as it looks! Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures again! Your cobbler looks amazing ... you'll have to post the recipe. I think we have the same flip-flops! :) Tomorrow I'm getting a pre-baby pedi and I am SO excited! I love pedicures!!
    I miss Chick-fil-A ... sigh ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww sounds like you had a great weekend with the in-laws!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like such an awesome weekend! I must to have been so much fun showing them the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't have Chik-fil-A here. Is it a restaurant or like fast food? You look cute in your cow costume :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cows. Hahaha. And sounds like so much fun with your in-laws!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cow outfits! I didn't go on Friday, but I did have chick-fil-A this morning, and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you dressed up for cow appreciation day! I didn't get a chance to, unfortunately, but I do have the chik-fil-a calendar you gave me so I get a free milkshake this month! I'm so glad you had fun with the in-laws (or as they like to say, in-loves)! Sounds like it was a nice relaxing visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We did the dress up like a cow for free chicken Friday night and loved it! Your cobbler does look yummy, I agree with Leslie that we need the recipe; and yay for pedicures! Your toes look great! Glad to know you're keeping up with the picture on the swing tradition :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh could i love you anymore than that first picture! you are the best. (and i would kill to have your hair). love that you and mother-in-law can spend such nice quality time together - sounds like a perfect and low-key weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, that first pic! I've actually never tried Chick Fil A before. I'm not sure if we even have one here. Anyway, looks like a fantastic time! That cobbler looks super yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yesss we did the Chick-fil-A Cow Appreciation Day too!! I met Michael there for lunch and we just had ears but got our whole meals for free. How fun!

    Love the rest of your pics. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I'm dying to see some more pictures of your beautiful house as it comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks like a fun weekend...chik-fil-a is soo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun! Only Drew and I dressed up, simply but printing out the stuff from online and haphazardly taping them onto ourselves, and not only did we get free meals, but they went ahead and gave it to Drew's mom, my mom, and my sister when we were out in CO. So fun! and your blackberry/peach cobbler looks YUMMY. I'll have to try and make that before peach season ends really soon!

    ReplyDelete