Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blackberry-Peach Cobbler with Praline-Pecan Streusel



As several of you requested, here is the recipe for the blackberry & peach cobbler we made over the weekend.  We picked up the blackberries and peaches at the farmers' market, and then it took less than 20 minutes to put this all together.  I think this would be delicious with any fruit combination you desire.  And since my dad taught me that any fruit-laden dessert is fair game for breakfast, this is best served all day long.

Blackberry-Peach Cobbler with Praline-Pecan Streusel
for the streusel:
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup salted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans

for the filling:
4 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbsp flour
2 cups fresh blackberries

Prepare the streusel:  Stir together the brown sugar and butter in a large bowl; add flour and pecans, and stir until blended.  Let stand 20 minutes or until mixture is firm enough to crumble into small pieces.

Prepare the filling:  Stir together the peaches, sugar, and flour in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.  Reduce heat to medium, and boil, stirring occasionally, 6-7 minutes or until juices have thickened.  Remove from heat, and stir in blackberries.  Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch square baking dish.  Crumble streusel over hot peach mixture.

Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.

source:  recipe from Southern Living, July 2012

9 comments:

  1. Mmm, this looks great! And if a doctor says it's ok for breakfast, I'm not going to argue with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if you were going to share this after the weekend wrap up post...so glad you did...looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good, except I think I might substitute blueberries since I'm not big on the seeds of blackberries getting stuck in my teeth :) Anything with a topping like that is delicious, in my opinion! I remember Daddy trying to convince us one morning that his ice cream was oatmeal; I pretty much think he would eat any type of sugary dessert for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title alone has me drooling, then that picture?! Oh my I've got to try this Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering what this was in your pics from yesterday! Cobblers are the BEST dessert - so easy to throw together but they always taste like heaven! Peach + blackberry sounds like an awesome combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hah! your dad is right! now that peaches are in my market i got to get on top of that - need to make a peach cobbler and now i need to make this! so easy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never made cobbler, but I didn't realize how easy these are! Next time we go to the grocery store, I'll need to pick up some peaches

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow. This looks like the perfect summer treat!

    ReplyDelete